GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More Feels! MK7 GTI Build for Street and HPDE

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Back from the dead with a quick update.

Haven't really been posting because I was close to selling my GTI for a moment there. Mainly because it just didn't feel right modding it. Not that it doesn't take well to mods, it definitely does, but it's the luxury factor. It feels weird modding a car that has great luxury for the price even though it performs well on track.

I was also wanting to get back in a manual again and try some different cars. But, I wasn't really getting the offers I expected so I decided I'm going to keep it and turn this into exactly what I want and I'm happy with that decision. If I hurt my resale value, so be it. tl;dr Back at it, here we go.

Right now I have these coming in 18x8

So I'll be gaining width and losing weight in the process. These will eventually be wrapped in Bridgestone RE71R's, for now I'll be running BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 A/S until the weather warms up.

I also performed a muffler and resonator delete by combining a couple different kits.

I have the 034 resonator delete:

Going into a Remus racing axle back:

https://remususa.com/non-resonated-...ion-suitable-for-the-original-rear-skirt.html

I know it would have been cheaper to have a shop custom fab one, but one place I contacted gave me a hard time about removing the muffler and another couldn't take me in for a couple weeks so I decided to go this route instead.

It sounds good, it's a lot throatier now. It does drone a little which was expected, but when you don't want the noise you can keep the RPM's low and it's fairly silent.

I also installed the 034 dogbone insert, but not sure yet if I'll be keeping it in or not.

Hi, thanks for your review! I was reading it when I saw you referenced a previous statement of mine. Let me add to it:

I did report that after installing the Superpro LCAs (the 6K version, which is the max caster one), the steering felt a little more numb. It's what's to be expected when increasing caster: the self-centering effect makes for more stability, less agility.

However, the increase in caster does wonders for front grip through turns: caster translates into dynamic camber increase (outside wheel gains more camber as steering lock is applied).

Also, the SP LCA's bushings do provide more feel: the tire's grip, the surface of the road, load are all felt with less filtering.

So: a little numb insofar as the self-centering is increased, more feel, more stability, more grip. If bushings alone had been available back when I did the LCAs, I would have had a hard time deciding.

Finally: I felt that doing the rear bushings (all of them), while time-consuming, provided a massive increase in precision, response and grip. At the expense of a little nvh.

Hope this helps, thanks again for your reviews!
PS, that 944 was nice, I still regret selling my old 911SC... C'est la vie!

Helps me, hurts my wallet. This is definitely being added to my list now :D

Thanks.

Man thay track looks beautiful. Jealous.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

That was right after they repaved it. It's definitely a fun track too, lots of elevation changes and a high speed blind corner to keep you on your toes.

I like what I'm seeing :D
Subscribed :cool:

Thanks!

You need upgraded brake pads and fluid at a minimum...before you spend money on anything else.

I upgraded my fluid to Motul 600 and will probably be going bbk sometime this year.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Hey I'll hopefully see you out there this year! Only made it to one auto-x and track day last year, but am aiming to hit more this year. AutoInterests is a great group. They ran a reverse on Nelson which I had never done before. It was awesome, until my input shaft seal went lol. Hoping to do Beaver/Pitt since it's been lengthened and resurfaced, and maybe Mid-Ohio. The Mk7 is so different from the R53 and Mk1s I tracked in the past.