GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modified R needs NJ inspection

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I know of a shop that will just plug in and be done. As long as your readiness status is set and there aren’t any codes, you’re set. Cost you about $80 I think. It’s been a while. He doesn’t care about plates, tint and all that crap. I haven’t been to state inspection in years. I don’t know if they check for anything beyond emissions, they’re not supposed to As far as I know.

Fucking christ. I pay $200 for that kind of service in RI. I'm getting fleeced!

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
Got mine done last week in Newton (NJ). They drove it through and hen backed up. 3 dudes looking at the monitor and then they pulled it forward, popped the hood up and stood there with a flashlight looking at the guts. "Appaently" he said he couldn't see my cat. I guess when you're used to looking at a toaster sized pipe and see a 4" long tube in its place they get confused. But they didn't say shit about the cammed C7 that was 2 cars back

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Got mine done last week in Newton (NJ). They drove it through and hen backed up. 3 dudes looking at the monitor and then they pulled it forward, popped the hood up and stood there with a flashlight looking at the guts. "Appaently" he said he couldn't see my cat. I guess when you're used to looking at a toaster sized pipe and see a 4" long tube in its place they get confused. But they didn't say shit about the cammed C7 that was 2 cars back
I swear they find the dumbest people for inspection. They know nothing about cars. That hasn’t changed in 20 years.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
I was worried about this also in the fall as the new car sticker was expiring. I have AWE touring with the cat downpipe. Run a stage 2 file. I just flashed it back to 0 the day before and plugged the O2 sensor back in. Made sure all systems were ready and took it to Salem inspection station. The guy did check under hood for a few seconds but good to go for 2 More years.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hey there, long time reader... don't post much.

I am buying a 2016 Golf R that is Stage 2 with EQtune w/ Cobb access port. MBRP exhaust and currently catless miltek downpipe.
So did you end up buying?