GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modes: comfort, normal, race!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is there a comprehensive list of things that change between modes? Besides engine sounding louder on race? [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

You mean when it says Steering, Comfort or Normal? Sounds pretty self explanatory to me. And Race = Sport and Sport = Race.

The only one that I think could need any explanation is Drivetrain.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Is there a comprehensive list of things that change between modes? Besides engine sounding louder on race? [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

If you touch the Info button for each of the modes, it tells you exactly what each is set to for everything (engine noise, steering, etc). Also, you can change each setting with the Individual mode.

gtowngovernor

Ready to race!
I can see what the info tells me, but I don't think it's very informative. What does "sport" mean? Does it mean that turbo kicks in earlier, does it mean that steering becomes stiffer? There has got to be a complete list of things that change, and HOW they change. Saying something becomes "normal" or "comfort" or "sport" means nothing to me . . .

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I can see what the info tells me, but I don't think it's very informative. What does "sport" mean? Does it mean that turbo kicks in earlier, does it mean that steering becomes stiffer? There has got to be a complete list of things that change, and HOW they change. Saying something becomes "normal" or "comfort" or "sport" means nothing to me . . .

Ah...I see. Not being an ass, but did you check the owners manual? I know that the steering definitely gets tighter.....actually I think I even read about that in the manual when I first got the car.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Steering effort is more in sport. Like was stated, check the manual. You have individual mode, right? Just look at the drop down options. If there's three options that tells you . If there's two look at the wording. You should be able to tell sport or race settings are more aggressive.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Thanks for the input guys! I was hoping to get kind of a summary from a "hands on experience"! I'll check the manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really too extensive, and if you want to know more than what's in the manual you'll need to talk to the programmer. All you really need to do is decide if you want comfortable settings or aggressive settings for the parameters that can be changed. If there's a normal option it's somewhere in between. Do you really need to know exactly what all the sensors need to see to engage the Haldex clutch when you're in sport mode?

gtowngovernor

Ready to race!
Haha guys I was just wondering if there was a human friendly article anywhere that describes how things change that's all lol. One thing that was weird to me was the engine / exhaust noise change. Does that really affect performance, or is it purely cosmetic? Is it because there is more air intake? Or it just "sounds" cool. Stuff like that.

shep13

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha guys I was just wondering if there was a human friendly article anywhere that describes how things change that's all lol. One thing that was weird to me was the engine / exhaust noise change. Does that really affect performance, or is it purely cosmetic? Is it because there is more air intake? Or it just "sounds" cool. Stuff like that.

I'd like to know all that as well. I think the engine setting adjust the throttle mapping correct? There is another setting for engine sound or something like that. Don't know if that is just for the speaker or the exhaust flaps. The manual says very little btw

rapport25

Go Kart Champion

Hi mate:D

So, my understanding is this. Please note mine is a GTD.

Eco= A/C not on all the time. Throttle is less responsive & cornering lights are slower to react or non existant. Cant remember 100% now:eek:

Sport= A/C on all the time. Throttle is sharper & cornering lights are faster. Fake sound is louder & the steering is heavier.

Normal, is somewhere between the to.

I drive mine in normal, as I doubt it is actually any quicker in sport. The fake noise maybe gives the impression of being quicker, but I doubt it.

Rappy:cool:

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
I would say it is quicker (acceleration) in Sport. Throttle response is much more sensitive. Also the DCC changes too. Sport being stiff and comfort being soft and normal in between the two.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

First of all, do you have DSG? Second, if you do have DSG, is the transmission in S?

Are you talking about the buzzing fake engine sound coming from the base of the windshield?