GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Model Radio 5G0035844 & Rear Camera Retrofit

SLAB

the harness that came with it had the wrong pins on it for the video/shield that plugs into the radio. had to use some VW terminal repair wire sets. the harness pictured in the ebay auction has the right terminals tho.

harness runs from the rear emblem, around the right side of the hatch, through the right side rubber wire harness boot into the rear of the roof, then down the right c-pillar, down the right rear wheel housing (trim next to right rear seat back), along the right sill to the right lower a-pillar trim (kick panel) and up into the glove box. 2 terminals go into the radio.

then the harness continues behind the dash to the left side of the car, 1 pin goes to the vacant SC18 (need a 7.5a fuse) and the other pin goes to plug "a" of the j519 for the reversing signal.

to do it properly, the complete center console, left knee trims, fuse box, right sill panels, left and right kick panels (and hood release lever), rear seat bench, right rear seat back side trim, right c-pillar, and all of the hatch trim have to come off.

the PDF the seller sent me says "fitting time of approximately 60 minutes" is complete BS. i could probably do another one i about 4-5 hours

on the plus side, everything worked and all i needed to do was change one bit for the video feed to show up.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thanks for the heads up I was hoping that I didn't need to go past the radio lol guess not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLAB

Pics

IT WORKS!!!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

I don't think that one could ask for more, thanks for your help, I'm familiar with tear down from when I installed my sub , but I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to go over past the CD player or the screen :). Thanks a bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrcs1990

Does this work for the Composition Colour head unit (on the mk7) ? I don't have that interface on the gloovebox. If anyone could confirm...

SLAB

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
If you look at the very last page here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aGdahUNWC-WGFWN2VkcDZTQ2c/view?pref=2&pli=1

that's all i changed. I have a USA spec Golf TSI S without park assist so i don't have Address 76.

Address 5F "Information Electronics" is the radio.

Go to Address 5F, then coding, then Byte 19, then change Bit #4 to a 1 (xxx1xxxx) This is all i did to my car. Everything else stays the same.

OK got ya on the Address 76 issue - according to the shop (HI MURPH IF YOU ARE READING THIS) They tried changing the 5F and it wouldnt let them, Says its not a valid code...

:confused:

SLAB

old version of VCDS? mk7 uses UDS protocol control modules. totally different "machine language" than the older cars.

mlewando

Ready to race!

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Hi mlewando.....my car is at the shop currently. I dont know if the thread title of 5G0035844 tells you what I have or if you need something else. Sorry I cannot be of more help on my side.