GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7r cts turbo kit boss500 or boss600 ?

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
I had a GT3071r with the .63 exhaust side on my mk5 GTI. I'm not familiar with the new GTX compressor wheels, but I was hitting full boost around 3500rpms, and the setup never felt laggy. My experience with the gt30 was great, I defenitly plan on going this route again.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I had a GT3071r with the .63 exhaust side on my mk5 GTI. I'm not familiar with the new GTX compressor wheels, but I was hitting full boost around 3500rpms, and the setup never felt laggy. My experience with the gt30 was great, I defenitly plan on going this route again.
A GT30 is comparable to a GTX28, I'd guess your experience would be similar except the Gen 3 TSI motors are better at spooling that FSI or older TSI motors with cam changes and the head design. Should be a fun way to get 400+ wheel horsepower.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sammy1

That turbo is rated at 450hp, the new Gen2 GTX3071 is now rated at 650hp... you can't get that much increase in flow without sacrificing spool.

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
Stupid question I suppose but does anyone make a gtx 28 kit for he mk7 GTI? I'm happy with stage 2 but I feel like the turbo is on borrowed time.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
New gtx2867r rated for 550 is pretty interesting ! I tell to cts if he make the kit with the new gtx28 im ready to buy now
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

It's a huge improvement, considering that 4-500hp range always had a compromise. Pushing a small turbo too hard or dealing with lag underutilizing a larger turbo. A 500+ hp GTX28 is perfect for most people's stage 3 needs.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Stupid question I suppose but does anyone make a gtx 28 kit for he mk7 GTI? I'm happy with stage 2 but I feel like the turbo is on borrowed time.
The IS38 golf R turbo is your gti stage 3, that's 350 wheel. Otherwise the same kit in this thread is for a GTI too.

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
The IS38 golf R turbo is your gti stage 3, that's 350 wheel. Otherwise the same kit in this thread is for a GTI too.

Stage three according to apr is the efr turbo 3+ means adding the fuel system. I have never been a big fan of BW turbos. Just a personal opinion. Garrett has been doing water cooled ball bearing turbos for a lot longer than BW has.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Stage three according to apr is the efr turbo 3+ means adding the fuel system. I have never been a big fan of BW turbos. Just a personal opinion. Garrett has been doing water cooled ball bearing turbos for a lot longer than BW has.

Well drop the stage numbers and the GTI upgrade path goes IS38 before BT, but you're welcome to skip whatever you want hahaha. Its all dependent on your goals and budget.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
My R is currently in the shop getting the boss 500 installed, stock turbo blew so didn't really have a choice, currently waiting to hear back from um to see if they can tune it for me asap.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
My R is currently in the shop getting the boss 500 installed, stock turbo blew so didn't really have a choice, currently waiting to hear back from um to see if they can tune it for me asap.

Check with MRC tuning they might able to help you

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Remember the HP numbers quoted by Garret are crank and best case scenarios. I don't think the GT2867r is going to get you anywhere near 500 whp on an R.

limited_explorer

Passed Driver's Ed
Remember the HP numbers quoted by Garret are crank and best case scenarios. I don't think the GT2867r is going to get you anywhere near 500 whp on an R.

Its perfect for somebody just want to upgrade the stock turbo but dont want to change the fuel system ... i think the limit of the fuel system is 380whp and its what the gtx28 is abble to do

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
I only upgraded the turbo because the stock one blew and I wanted something of higher quality I'm hoping to get close to 400whp, we'll see I guess, but I also don't plan on upgrading the fuel system for awhile, I got hit pretty unexpectedly with all these costs.