GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs M8R

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Saw a fresh looking Lapiz Blue MK8R sitting at the local VW dealership while out running some errands. Maybe lowered, relocated front license plate. Home Depot is right next to the dealership so as luck would have it, on my way home he pulled up behind me at the light. Mid-aged guy, gray hair, maybe early 50s.

Age be damned, when we turned onto the highway he gunned it around the corner and jumped out next to me. It looked and sounded like he had aftermarket exhaust.

Was NOT expecting that so I lagged a bit in 3rd, but when I hit boost I caught up quick and put a car on him before we caught up with traffic, might have touched 100 tops. Gave him a thumbs up with a huge dopey grin on my face, he gave a thumbs up back with a “not bad” nod.

Next light I had to turn, but I heard him peel out from the light. Not bad yourself my brother, not bad at all 🤙🏾

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Saw a fresh looking Lapiz Blue MK8R sitting at the local VW dealership while out running some errands. Maybe lowered, relocated front license plate. Home Depot is right next to the dealership so as luck would have it, on my way home he pulled up behind me at the light. Mid-aged guy, gray hair, maybe early 50s.

Age be damned, when we turned onto the highway he gunned it around the corner and jumped out next to me. It looked and sounded like he had aftermarket exhaust.

Was NOT expecting that so I lagged a bit in 3rd, but when I hit boost I caught up quick and put a car on him before we caught up with traffic, might have touched 100 tops. Gave him a thumbs up with a huge dopey grin on my face, he gave a thumbs up back with a “not bad” nod.

Next light I had to turn, but I heard him peel out from the light. Not bad yourself my brother, not bad at all 🤙🏾
MK8 R rear diff units already having issues.....?

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
The the term "peel out"....referring to exhaust noise?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
The the term "peel out"....referring to exhaust noise?
And you know what else? Sometimes when people say “it’s been a minute”… I’m starting to think they don’t actually mean 60 seconds 🤔

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Can’t believe ppl are being so pedantic about a turn of phrase (jk it’s the internet, of course I can)… I use the term “peel out” indiscriminately for any vehicle that launches flat out off the line regardless of how much or how little their tires spin lol.

Full disclosure: I also occasionally use the term “roll out” when pertaining to leaving an area by means often other than a wheeled vehicle.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Full disclosure: I also occasionally use the term “roll out” when pertaining to leaving an area by means often other than a wheeled vehicle.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Can’t believe ppl are being so pedantic about a turn of phrase (jk it’s the internet, of course I can)… I use the term “peel out” indiscriminately for any vehicle that launches flat out off the line regardless of how much or how little their tires spin lol.

I know....how dare I and the internet, have the audacity....to not understand.... :ROFLMAO:....what you meant in your head....but thanks for clarifying.

Last edited: