GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
In our headlights, you know how we have two of the U shaped LEDs. Do both ever turn on? I thought I've seen pictures around here with both of them on, but I went through all the positions and I only see one on.

The one closer to the bumper is the one I don't see on.
The Golf R has LEDs in both Us.
The GTI only has LEDs in the outer U.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
In our headlights, you know how we have two of the U shaped LEDs. Do both ever turn on? I thought I've seen pictures around here with both of them on, but I went through all the positions and I only see one on.

The one closer to the bumper is the one I don't see on.

Not on the GTI OEM Lightibg package. R they both turn on, if you see it on a GTI the have replicas in. Super dumb, but those are the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
Not on the GTI OEM Lightibg package. R they both turn on, if you see it on a GTI the have replicas in. Super dumb, but those are the facts.

So: GTI doesn't fill the U, but has functional center console and lid.

R fills the U, but doesn't have functional center console and lid.

Yeah, I'd rather have functional center console.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!

Except center console is a pretty easy fix from what I understand. The U thing isn’t a big deal, you’re right, it’s just such a curious decision to have both U’s there but have on not be functional on one model but work on another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

I've never used or needed a center console in any car, I usually end up deleting them as all they do is get in the way. But I guess that's tall people problems.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Thanks guys! I thought that it had already blown out lol.

That is weird they don't use that, oh well.

TroyI

Ready to race!
Just took delivery of a new autobahn yesterday. Fun car and great value with the end of year closeouts. I've got a question.

In my other vehicle (Ford), I either leave the keys in the van and use the number code to get in the door if I don't want to carry the keys with me, or I can just take the one little key off and shove it in my pocket if I go for a run or a xc ski or something, and it more or less "disappears" in my pocket. What do runners/cyclists/xcskiers do with this large and heavy VW fob thing?

I'd like to know this too. Hate carrying the heavy thing with me when I go run.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I've heard folks use the term "surfer key" idk if it has the chip in it but no transmitter. You pop off the cover of the real key hole (drivers door look in manual).

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I've heard folks use the term "surfer key" idk if it has the chip in it but no transmitter. You pop off the cover of the real key hole (drivers door look in manual).

you will also have to manually turn the ignition rather than push a button... too much work for me.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I'd like to know this too. Hate carrying the heavy thing with me when I go run.

Call me crazy but I put mine on top of my back passenger wheel. I either run on a base or on a trail somewhere so not a lot of people around. I just slip it back there while im stretching. You can only see it if you get eye level with it.

TroyI

Ready to race!
FYI... I was riding my mountain bike the other day and had the fob in my jersey pocket. I took off my jersey and it was on the ground about even with my bike rack at the back of my car and the door would not unlock unless I moved it to within a couple feet of the drivers door. I might try and hide it under my bike rack somehow or rear bumper (non drivers side).

I bought my 2016 GTI used from a dealership and they only had one key. With the price of a new one, I'll probably take my chances and not buy another one.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Anyone know why my AC automatically turns on nearly every time I turn on the fan. It keeps turning on whenever I try to defrost my car in the morning or just run the heat on a cold day. Turns on as soon as I turn the fan, even if the heat dial is over Hi. Recently I haven't intentionally run the AC at all because its 45F outside so I'm not sure why it loves being on so much.