GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 gti is38 eurodyne vs e85 FBO coyote mustang

digilio86

Ready to race!
Def will post that. Ran into a c7 Vette while I was logging. Idk what mods he had but I could hear his headers and exhaust for sure. We ended up doing 3 pulls. 2 from 40 1 from 60 and every time I got him by about a car length and held till we let off. Tbh surprised me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jealous, I've yet to run a vette. I feel like a lot those guys would be especially butt hurt loosing to a hatch. Also a vette with full exhaust should be faster than that coyote on e85 I would think.

patric-beard

Passed Driver's Ed
He was actually really cool about it. He rolled down his windows and asked what was done and said it's a really quick car. Ran a c6 stock back when I was just is38 no meth stack and he was crazy butt hurt. He started running red lights like a jack ass and everything

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Jealous, I've yet to run a vette. I feel like a lot those guys would be especially butt hurt loosing to a hatch. Also a vette with full exhaust should be faster than that coyote on e85 I would think.

They have selective exhaust (owned one) so it was may have been stock btw. A FBO coyote tuned on E should take a stock c7. AED tuning ran a 10.5 @ 129 mph all motor 16 coyote with cobra jet induction recently. JMO. Great kill logging btw. Corvette guys think they are driving Lamborghini's. Lol.

digilio86

Ready to race!
They have selective exhaust (owned one) so it was may have been stock btw. A FBO coyote tuned on E should take a stock c7. AED tuning ran a 10.5 @ 129 mph all motor 16 coyote with cobra jet induction recently. JMO. Great kill logging btw. Corvette guys think they are driving Lamborghini's. Lol.

Good to know, seems unlikely that a is38 gti would hang so well with a 129 mph car. I know us fwd cars can run with rwd cars with slightly higher mph but 5 seems like a stretch. Just making idle conversation here.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Good to know, seems unlikely that a is38 gti would hang so well with a 129 mph car. I know us fwd cars can run with rwd cars with slightly higher mph but 5 seems like a stretch. Just making idle conversation here.

A FBO, full weight Coyote on E85 (meaning headers, intake manifold, exhaust and intake) is not a 129mph car. They are a 118-122mph car. Not sure what all else is done to the aforementioned car but 129mph is blower car trap (lower end).

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
A FBO, full weight Coyote on E85 (meaning headers, intake manifold, exhaust and intake) is not a 129mph car. They are a 118-122mph car. Not sure what all else is done to the aforementioned car but 129mph is blower car trap (lower end).
I saw the above post and thought the same. Do you know the amount of power required (and weight reduction) to go from 112-129mph traps? That is massive.
Seems to be the case?? Only intake cams replaced:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/10-58-129mph-on-motor-today.1135714/

So insane if true?? Why even use a power adder then?

This slip looks more realistic, 10.9 @ 122mph, same mods basically (e85, FBO).

https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002085;p=

digilio86

Ready to race!

Figured as much, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Lol., yeah that is sc trap speeds. Your avg 5.0 is around 3700-3800lb and making 370 whp give or take stock. Gearing and tires aside, gonna need some Powah to move a car tl almost 130 mph by 1/4 mi. God bless bolt ons and e85, but I dont see 600 whp, which is about what it would take for trap like that.

Venumous

Ready to race!
I saw the above post and thought the same. Do you know the amount of power required (and weight reduction) to go from 112-129mph traps? That is massive.
Seems to be the case?? Only intake cams replaced:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/10-58-129mph-on-motor-today.1135714/

So insane if true?? Why even use a power adder then?

This slip looks more realistic, 10.9 @ 122mph, same mods basically (e85, FBO).

https://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002085;p=

Yeah that car has weight reduction and intake cams as well as being owned by one of the best tuners out there. Definitely not the norm and once you open the motor for cams it is no longer bolt-on IMO, hugely impressive.. yes.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

Here you go Pumpkin. ;). Shaun at AED is probably one of the best tuners (Lund would argue that) for coyote platform. Motor is stock outside of intake cams.

Agreed, most will not run that good.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
The secret sauce on that AED Stang is the cj intake with big oval tb with the right intake cams. Plus tuning and leaving 5000 rpms off a Circle D converter. :).

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Any idea how much power is added with jb4 and meth? I guess it would differ because of various tunes, but a ball park figure ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say +2 psi on top of your current tune with water-meth, I would say at least another 20-25 whp which makes a difference on a car that weights 3000-LBS