GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI 6MT VS EVO X

Noize1

Ready to race!
Still talking about beating that poorly setup and tuned X, VAG*Tech? Wish you didn't live on the other side of the country so I could blow your doors off.

Noize1

Ready to race!
No, no cams, this is the picture he sent me when he tune his car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Dyno Dynamics well, and have literally hundreds of pulls on one. That car is reading about 40whp low for his mods, so he's either sandbagging you (which I highly doubt as he doesn't sound smart enough), or his car sucks. At that 312whp level, a full weight X is only good for about 12.5@110mph. If you had a stage 2 DSG car, you ought to be able to edge him out from a roll, but he'll trash you from a dig. If he gets his car sorted out, it's good for 355whp DD, or 12.10s around 114mph. Little bit of weight loss, and it'll go high 11s on that small stock turbo, all day. My advice after you are full stage 2 is to race him pump gas to pump gas. With his low numbers, you will win with ease. And it's only fair, right? Good luck.

Evos make better power than GTIs, but the less weight of the VW offsets that somewhat. Too bad you don't have a DSG, that would really help turn the tide.

The place where the Evo shines is handling and track work. GTI is an infinitely better daily driver- more comfortable, way better fuel economy, so much extra cargo room.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Still talking about beating that poorly setup and tuned X, VAG*Tech? Wish you didn't live on the other side of the country so I could blow your doors off.

Someone sounds butthurt. A lot of smack talk coming from a 460 whp car...

Noize1

Ready to race!
Someone sounds butthurt. A lot of smack talk coming from a 460 whp car...

Far from and love Mk7s, actually considering getting an R to replace it. Just tired of "optimized" videos vs. cars in poor states of tune and online nutswingers. It also seems like the only people that drag race these cars run at Atco or MIR.

It's not remotely fast as far as Evos go- I've never sandbagged. 11.57@120.4mph is all it has. These cars are heavy.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
Once you 5th gear in the evo it will be over. It's so tall. My evo made 318 on a mustang dyno and when my gti was stage 2 it walked it.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Far from and love Mk7s, actually considering getting an R to replace it. Just tired of "optimized" videos vs. cars in poor states of tune and online nutswingers. It also seems like the only people that drag race these cars run at Atco or MIR.

It's not remotely fast as far as Evos go- I've never sandbagged. 11.57@120.4mph is all it has. These cars are heavy.

Side note, sorry to derail - these tracks you speak of, are they notorious for quicker times?

Noize1

Ready to race!
Once you 5th gear in the evo it will be over. It's so tall. My evo made 318 on a mustang dyno and when my gti was stage 2 it walked it.

Rev to 8000rpm stock engine is ok (400rpm beyond factory limiter), as long as you have a turbo that can support it, of course. 4B11s aren't longer stroke ratio like EA888s, they're square at 86x86mm. With 255/40s, that's 121mph on the limiter in 4th. The 4th-5th gap in the X is a shame, but going faster than that on the street is begging for an overnighter in jail. If someone were hanging onto me to 120, I'll happily tap the brakes and concede defeat.

Side note, sorry to derail - these tracks you speak of, are they notorious for quicker times?

Yes, to the tune of .3-.4 and 3-4mph compared to here. Better track prep, better weather, and they're all at like 80' above sea level in the snow belt. Not hating- I would love to take a couple passes down one of them.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
I have my rev limiter set 7500. 4th to 5th rpm drop is more of what I ment. Wish mistu would of put a 6sp manual in the X. I was on evoxforums stock turbo quarter mile list for a while. Guess I got knocked off of it.

Last edited:

Euro Tech

Ready to race!

Keep dreaming, Call English racing and tell them that they need to learn from you! I'll give you the same offer I give all the guys across the country, you pay for my trip and I will be there to video you getting your ass handed to you.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!

Atco and MIR are two of the fastest tracks in the country, everyone would race there if they could.

Noize1

Ready to race!
Keep dreaming, Call English racing and tell them that they need to learn from you! I'll give you the same offer I give all the guys across the country, you pay for my trip and I will be there to video you getting your ass handed to you.

We can do it for a lot less than that, bakery boy. Take that is38 to the track and post up your best run.