GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 gt tdi with bbs ck 19 anthracite

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
Been admiring your GT for a while now Les (I have your old BBS CKs that you sold when you got the Scirocco) as I'd been wondering if the CKs would suit and fit a mk7. They look good on the mk7 so I will be putting them on mine when it arrives.

Does the PedalBox make a huge difference to the throttle response considering you can tweak the throttle response in the driver settings as standard? I have a Sprint Booster that I've had fitted to my two mk6s and was hoping I wouldn't need to do a similar mod on the mk7.

lesvw123

Ready to race!
i think it makes a huge difference i always have mine in sport mode as i want the most out of the engine so combined with the tuning box and pedalbox it performs well,the only thing i will say is the pedal box is not as hard to get used to as the sprint booster i think this is because it has so many settings
the sprint booster is a great bit of kit and i contacted them to purchase one but they are still in the development stage thats why i went for the pedalbox
so what you buying this time another gti

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers Les, looks like that will have to be the first modification!

And yes, a Pure White GTI is on order but I'm not sure whether a GTD would have been a better bet as my mileage has increased a fair bit. Never mind!!

lesvw123

Ready to race!
Cheers Les, looks like that will have to be the first modification!

And yes, a Pure White GTI is on order but I'm not sure whether a GTD would have been a better bet as my mileage has increased a fair bit. Never mind!!

Are you going for leather as my only disappointment on my car is the quality of my seats ,the drivers seat material still looks loose and has creases in it,it's had a new cover on the drivers seat they realise that it is a problem and vw will address it ,is anybody else having this issue as the dealer is p-----g me off

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
No, it's cloth for me. Got the leather in my current GTI and it's okay but not something I'd pay £1700 for. I like the GTI tartan.

lesvw123

Ready to race!
at last Vw are fitting a new drivers seat today they admit there is a fault with the padding so hopefully no more loose material ,anybody else had this problem?

Hun

Hi there, any big difference in performance such as pick up since u up sized ur rims? Considering to do so... Thanks for ur advice..

lesvw123

Ready to race!
Hi there, any big difference in performance such as pick up since u up sized ur rims? Considering to do so... Thanks for ur advice..
there is no difference in performance they just give a slightly harder ride
hope that helps

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
Les, how tight are the BBS in the arches?
I was looking at the demo GTI and GTD in my local dealer and the standard wheels look very set into the arches, far more so than the mk6.
On my mk6 your old CK's sit lovely and flush so do you think a 10mm spacer would fit on the rear and still keep the tyre under that arch or are they flush anyway? It's harder to tell from the photographs. Thanks.

lesvw123

Ready to race!
There is plenty of room I think I could have put 235 instead of 225 on as you say there is plenty of room and I had 10 mm front and rear spacers on but could not get rid of a vibration so I took them off and they were hub centric ones ,def looked a lot better and no rubbing issues.
I think the problem was a loose wheel nut when I have a bit of time I will put them back on

lesvw123

Ready to race!
Hi long time since i posted any messages
Just sent my tuning box back to tdi tuning for new software update , new software includes fueling and boost pressure with new wireing harness, the performance is up there with a good remap ,my first run in the car is like trying to stop the wheels spinning , loads of torque and I am still hitting 48 to the gallon , added a pipercross filter as well
Performance is unbelievable and still only at 5k miles

Last edited:

oliver

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking pretty good, mate! Congrats.

What i found strange is that on the GTI it come with something that looks like side spoilers!

I would like to see that painting in white as well, i think will look good!

S4DownUnder

Hey Lesvw123 your car looks awesome mate. Can you provide some more details of the body kit from VW. What do they call it? What's the vw code for the various pieces?

I'm in Australia and very keen to source a body kit for my 2013 1.4Tsi but I'm not having much joy with online searches. What I'd really like to get my hands on is either the Gti or R-Line bumpers, but no luck searching so far...

lesvw123

Ready to race!
Hi hope this helps
Front spoiler 5G0071606GRU. £248
Side skirt. 5G0071685GRU £348
Rear roof spoiler 5G0071644GRU £304
These will be uk codes
Regards les