Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Can confirm 85 sucks.

If you roll, I'll swing over and we'll caravan....need Jake to swap my engine/tranny/dogbone mount
A 5 hour drive for that? Mounts are pretty simple. But if you're looking for a reason for a road trip I get it

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
A 5 hour drive for that? Mounts are pretty simple. But if you're looking for a reason for a road trip I get it
road trip.....Jake also installed my FMIC when I was down that way for a Spartan Race....it would be good to get down there again.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Can confirm 85 sucks.

If you roll, I'll swing over and we'll caravan....need Jake to swap my engine/tranny/dogbone mount
I upgraded mine after I installed my Vortex, only one that gave me trouble was the tranny mount, though I think there may have been something I could have done to help push the wiring out of the way.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Confession

I never detail (clay, wax, etc) my front bumper. As a daily, it’s beyond salvaging
While I can understand the clay, waxing here and there makes it much easier to remove bugs. Even if its a quick and dirty wax job.

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Confession

I never detail (clay, wax, etc) my front bumper. As a daily, it’s beyond salvaging
Only did ppf right when new. Otherwise I just drive it and wash it at a car wash. Blasphemy I know.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I installed a rear sway recently. Pulling into my driveway I started hearing a clunk in the back, nowhere else though. I didn't grease the moog endlinks so I'm paranoid. So I'm like, great, Jamaican mechanic strikes again. Got under the car last night, started yanking on everything, all seems solid, so I'm like WTF. Open the trunk to notice that my torque wrench was rolling around smashing against shit. 🤦‍♂️

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I installed a rear sway recently. Pulling into my driveway I started hearing a clunk in the back, nowhere else though. I didn't grease the moog endlinks so I'm paranoid. So I'm like, great, Jamaican mechanic strikes again. Got under the car last night, started yanking on everything, all seems solid, so I'm like WTF. Open the trunk to notice that my torque wrench was rolling around smashing against shit. 🤦‍♂️
That’s awesome
At least you know it’s installed correctly lol

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure I have a loose 14mm socket behind the interior paneling in my Integra. I think it finally settled in a happy spot. One of these days I'll rescue it lmao...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure I have a loose 14mm socket behind the interior paneling in my Integra. I think it finally settled in a happy spot. One of these days I'll rescue it lmao...
If it was a 10mm, there would be some urgency.

I found an 11mm socket when i took the bumper cover of the Scion. Useless. Too long for even the rear calipers

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
My wastegate is un adjusted for months and even with a second turbo ready to be swapped in I haven't. I get both underfoot and over boost errors regularly.