GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Eh we'll see what Cars245 says/does b/c I emailed them about it asap. I suspect it got damaged when the light was being packed b/c it had more foam and bubble wrap than I'd ever seen as a kid lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

simba34

Passed Driver's Ed
Eh we'll see what Cars245 says/does b/c I emailed them about it asap. I suspect it got damaged when the light was being packed b/c it had more foam and bubble wrap than I'd ever seen as a kid lol

Man that does suck. I suspect you're right. Probably took me half an hour to unpack.

Hope they take care of you.

spacewormfx

Keep us posted on how they handle your case, I have one set in route too and will be double checking everything. My exchanges with them have been quite good, you will prob be ok.

One thing I know is that the e-acca guys were good about compensating people who got their CSS mufflers with small transit damage (those things were heavy).

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
OP here. Haven't chimed in since the beginning of the thread because at the time I was in my GTI but since then I have moved into an R and have been doing smaller mods like spare tire, ratcheting armrest, folding mirrors, 8" screen, wheels/tires etc. I just placed my order with cars245 and will be getting a harness from JBale. I went with the non-fog option.

Credit to all of you who have already sorted this out, I will update the OP tomorrow after work to include everything that needs to be known (I apologize as I am aware it is too late for some of you). At this point it seems like pricing is much more reasonable than early in the year and now is a good time to get started. I will update the OP going forward and will include a DIY as well once I receive everything.

I spoke with Jeremy and it is possible (with his harness) to code the blinkers so that they are static and not sweeping, pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned before and may be of interest to some. I may go that route since it would mirror the headlight blinkers on the R. Either way, thanks to all who have contributed so far, especially the early adopters who had to wait months just to receive their tails.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
OP here. Haven't chimed in since the beginning of the thread because at the time I was in my GTI but since then I have moved into an R and have been doing smaller mods like spare tire, ratcheting armrest, folding mirrors, 8" screen, wheels/tires etc. I just placed my order with cars245 and will be getting a harness from JBale. I went with the non-fog option.

Credit to all of you who have already sorted this out, I will update the OP tomorrow after work to include everything that needs to be known (I apologize as I am aware it is too late for some of you). At this point it seems like pricing is much more reasonable than early in the year and now is a good time to get started. I will update the OP going forward and will include a DIY as well once I receive everything.

I spoke with Jeremy and it is possible (with his harness) to code the blinkers so that they are static and not sweeping, pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned before and may be of interest to some. I may go that route since it would mirror the headlight blinkers on the R. Either way, thanks to all who have contributed so far, especially the early adopters who had to wait months just to receive their tails.

Since you're the first post of this thread, do you mind updating it to give information to all the newbies?

1. Part Numbers
2. Who to order from
3. Harness requirements
4. Coding

it's all summarized in the previous page already. Thanks.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Since you're the first post of this thread, do you mind updating it to give information to all the newbies?

1. Part Numbers

2. Who to order from

3. Harness requirements

4. Coding

it's all summarized in the previous page already. Thanks.

Absolutely, I will include as much as I can. Jeremy will be sending me some things this weekend to include as well in regards to his harness.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Opened up my Cars245 shipment today and saw this on the left outter tail before I even took the foam completely off :(

Sorry that happened man, that's a shame. Especially since you waited so long for them. Hopefully they will be able to expedite a replacement order out to you. I was impressed with the packaging as well, hard to imagine and even see that there is any way that they could be damaged with the amount of packaging they use.

king12sky

Ready to race!
US being skimped again, lol. Glad I went with a 2017, and just bought OEM euro ones.

I guess as long as we are in the US. We will never receive what EU gets on their cars. Same thing with Audi Matrix Headlights. Such a shame but i guess we just have to spend money to work it around. Money rules i guess. haha

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I guess as long as we are in the US. We will never receive what EU gets on their cars. Same thing with Audi Matrix Headlights. Such a shame but i guess we just have to spend money to work it around. Money rules i guess. haha

This isn't VAG specific, but to be competitive in the US after considering shipping, export taxes, testing and certification for the US market there has to be something we get shorted. It's either that or you would have a $50k Golf.

Also when we're talking about headlights and tail lights, the Euro standards are not the same as DOT so they would need to make a completely different part for the US, not just send us the lights from other countries that are RHD.

The tech eventually trickles down, or you just buy "illegal" headlights and tail lights and do it yourself :mad:

king12sky

Ready to race!
This isn't VAG specific, but to be competitive in the US after considering shipping, export taxes, testing and certification for the US market there has to be something we get shorted. It's either that or you would have a $50k Golf.

Also when we're talking about headlights and tail lights, the Euro standards are not the same as DOT so they would need to make a completely different part for the US, not just send us the lights from other countries that are RHD.

The tech eventually trickles down, or you just buy "illegal" headlights and tail lights and do it yourself :mad:

Sad but true. The DOT makes no sense to me when its passes Euro standard. Roads in US is way better lit than most part of EU. lol.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
what issues are you facing?

After the hazards have been running for a few minutes the dynamic lights become erratic. Sometimes blinking out of sequence, not blinking at all, inners only blinking, no blink at all, etc. Not pleased by the situation, not at all. And I really suspect that all of his halogen to facelift adapters will do it.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
After the hazards have been running for a few minutes the dynamic lights become erratic. Sometimes blinking out of sequence, not blinking at all, inners only blinking, no blink at all, etc. Not pleased by the situation, not at all. And I really suspect that all of his halogen to facelift adapters will do it.

Was going to say based on your specific time frame you requested that heat is a factor. I'm not familiar with the components in the harness but maybe JBale can give some input if the manufacturer hasn't already, assuming you contacted them about the issue.