GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Daniel López

Car(s)
2016 GTI MK7
Hey hello! Maybe someone already asked it but read a lot and didn't find it. I have a 2016 Euro spec GTI with the LED OEM taillights from factory. What things do I need for the OEM 7.5 LED with dynamic blinker?

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
a new harness and some coding probably is usually the case for NAR model. for euro, perhaps just coding if the correct pins are already wired.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG

panos_lympe

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.6 TDI
Are you able to order from e-acca?

The pictures look correct and maybe the kit part number

Also pretty good price. They were over 800 when i got them 6 months ago
Wow 600 is kind the maximum I would invest in these tails .. maybe a bit more for the harness etc but no way 1k for the leds.

I could do e-acca but the whole process will take long enough and with higher rates in shipping .. that’s why I asked about this site.. I see good stars there

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Check ebay.de. There you can get them w/ shipping to Greece for 450€ +15-20€ shipping from VW dealers

poi217

I have these euro dynamic taillights from USP motorsports and plan to install them next week and hope to do the coding myself. These came with the RFB conversion harness.

1. Can I just purchase an OBD11 and do the coding using credits to get the taillights fully functional? Or am I better off purchasing a VCDS and manual code?
2. Can you do manual codings on the OBD11?

Thank you

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
I have these euro dynamic taillights from USP motorsports and plan to install them next week and hope to do the coding myself. These came with the RFB conversion harness.

1. Can I just purchase an OBD11 and do the coding using credits to get the taillights fully functional? Or am I better off purchasing a VCDS and manual code?

Thank you
you cannot use the credits from obd11 since they're shopdap harness specific. you can do long coding on obd11 with the pro subscription ($49 a year, just missed the black friday sale). it would still be cheaper than buying vcds.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

Thank you
Personally I think VCDS is more worthwhile as it's a one time purchase vs a subscription/"credits" model via OBD11. Not a shill, but someone who greatly appreciates Ross-Tech as the OGs.

PS I tried a fair number of clones and couldn't find one that actually worked correctly, probably not worth wasting your money. Either OBD11 OR VCDS, get the real deal

poi217

Personally I think VCDS is more worthwhile as it's a one time purchase vs a subscription/"credits" model via OBD11. Not a shill, but someone who greatly appreciates Ross-Tech as the OGs.

PS I tried a fair number of clones and couldn't find one that actually worked correctly, probably not worth wasting your money. Either OBD11 OR VCDS, get the real deal

If I happen to screw up the manual coding in obd11, is it easy to reverse all changes (back to stock taillight coding)?

poi217

I installed the euro tail lights and coded via vcds. Everything is running except sequentials dont work and the reverse lights stay on.

Could it be because harness is installed incorrectly?

Last edited: