GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
So the tails are finally here. Picked 'em at the post office today. Ordered on cars245 on 8/24, didn't hear anything until the 9/4 so emailed them requesting a status update. Got an email the next day with the tracking number and finally in possession on 9/14.
Packing was exceptional as you can see in the pictures and the lights seem to be completely undamaged. The box did have a big gash in it but doesn't look like it even touched the tails on the inside.
Now waiting on AM harness. Would've gotten that today as well but the usps screwed it up and sent the harness to a different state all together so hoping to get that by no later then Saturday.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Thanks for this! It took me a couple days to get through it during my train rides home, but I found it extremely helpful.

I have also ordered the JBale harness, but it hasn't arrived yet. I would like to know a little about the coding since it wasn't part of your video. Did you use VAGCOM or Obdeleven? Does JBale include instructions for both? I hope to use Obdeleven.
I use obd, I don't really know what the difference is except that obd has a nicer interface. The instructions I got from AM were for VCDS but I used obd, you use the same options and coding

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
So got the AM harness this morning but looks like they forgot to include the install guide along with the coding instructions with the package. Not sure folks who bought AM harnesses had the same issue or if I'm an outlier here.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Do you have to run the wires to the middle if you don't have fogs?

H22hatch

Ready to race!
So got the AM harness this morning but looks like they forgot to include the install guide along with the coding instructions with the package. Not sure folks who bought AM harnesses had the same issue or if I'm an outlier here.

It's because they suck.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

I can send it to you when i get home from work tonight.

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
I can send it to you when i get home from work tonight.
Haha, glad I'm not an outlier.
crild- that would be a huge help brother. Whenever you're able to send, I'm traveling over the weekend so won't be able to get to it till Monday night anyway.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
I need help. When I was driving home at midnight just now, I stepped out of the car in the back alley and wanted to look at the blinker and was shocked to see the blinker was just flashing non-dynamically. Switching on the hazard lights also made them blink non-dynamically.

However when I locked and unlocked the car, the blinkers flashed dynamically.

Also when I parked the car in the garage and turned on all the garage lights, the lights blinked dynamically, so it seems like it only blinks non-dynamically in the dark??

I'm going to test again in the daylight to see if it is the amount of light that determines whether they blink dynamically or not, but does anyone know what's wrong?

(previous to this, I have never seen them blink non-dynamically, even at night time)

Last edited:

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
just did more testing. If I turn off the engine, and then turn on the hazard lights in the garage, the dynamic will work. If I then switch on the engine, the dynamic will stop working.

Experimentos

just did more testing. If I turn off the engine, and then turn on the hazard lights in the garage, the dynamic will work. If I then switch on the engine, the dynamic will stop working.

Harness jbale or audiamant?

conversion of halogen to led 7.5 audiamant has that fault

other times it works well

Last edited:

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Finally got around to unpack my tails from cars245. Shipment time was fairly reasonable for a set of low stock items. Box was a bit worn. It definitely looked like it was shipped a long ways. The tails came in undamaged. Plenty of packaging in the box to survive a shipment that far, but it seems that the wrapping around the tail light housings were put on fairly tight, especially around the edge of the outer tails. Just makes more sense to loosely wrap it around that corner before applying tighter wrapping around it.

Otherwise, love how they look in person and can't wait for the JBale harness and install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
Harness jbale or audiamant?

conversion of halogen to led 7.5 audiamant has that fault

other times it works well
When you say conversion from halogen to 7.5 has that fault but other times work well, what do you man by that? Is it that every now and then the dynamic turn signal will stop working?