GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mirror Dip on Reverse: Anyone Figure out Return?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hello,
Long time troll, first time poster.

I recently purchased a 2015 GTI S 6MT and a VCDS Micro-CAN cable. One of the things I really wanted to modify was the mirror dipping on reverse.

I thought I would share my experience.
Like I said I did this on a US-spec GTI S 6MT and it works albeit not like it would if you had a memory module. Here is what I did...

Source: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7013354-VAGCOM-What-is-this-and-how-do-I-do-it-(new-to-VW)&p=86033550&viewfull=1#post86033550
Passenger mirror dip…mirror switch has to be on the passenger setting for it to work.
52 Passenger door
07 coding
Byte 4
Enable bit 2 and 3.
DO NOT enable bit 1 unless you have Memory Seats. Enabling this will cause the mod not to work if you do not have Memory Seat or a Memory module.
No need to enable bit 7.
THEN
09 Central Electronics
Adaptations
17-Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt (change to “active”)
THEN
(22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts
the option in the menu screen.

This lowers (dips) the passenger side (right) mirror when 2 conditions are met: Mirror adjust knob set to "R" and you put the car in reverse. The amount that the mirror lowers is a set amount and I do not believe it can be adjusted. When you come out of reverse or set the mirror adjust knob to "0" the mirror returns to its original position. It raises a set amount the same amount that it lowered.

Again this was done with all stock components; only thing changed was with VCDS.

I did the same coding a few days ago and it works perfectly, I have the habit of moving the knob to 0 anyways on my other car because sometimes I don't want the mirror to move at all while reversing. Also you have to remember to enable this function using the menu in the headunit, I totally forgot about this for a few minutes, the coding will add this option on your car set up screen

Last edited:

autovelocity

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 R
2015 GTI mirror dip

It returns the mirror to random positions for me. I think you need memory package for this to work properly

I can confirm my 2015 GTI PP passenger side mirror returns back to the original position, and mine has the normal leather power seats. (no memory buttons)

theboilermaker

I am having the same problem. Mod used to work perfectly and then suddenly stopped working. I have tried resetting it, but it still doesn't function. I wish I knew German to take full advantage of the Vagcom

cheungbe

Reverse Mirror Dip

Those of you who have gotten the reverse mirror dip function to work on US Spec MK7 GTI's - curious as to when your car was manufactured? If possible, your software version found in system information from your MIB would be helpful to know as well.

I have an early 2015 GTI and cannot get the option to appear under the "Lights & Mirrors" menu after enabling the function in VCDS.

edit: Added an image of my system info

edit 2: I feel silly. I was editing the wrong option in VCDS. Working as intended now.

Last edited:

perivale

Ready to race!
ooh, all of this makes me want to pick up a vcds unit of my own! i'm thinking of getting the electric folding mirrors with puddle lights at some point, and my car has the back up camera, so not sure the reverse mirror dip matters that much, but would be nice to figure out if it's possible to code it on my car. pretty amazed by how deep into things some forum members are going, very impressive!

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
My driver's side module has two different part numbers. 5Q0 959 592 E and below that it says HW Ref 5Q0 959 592 B. I can check it with my VCDS or VCP tonight, but wanted to see if someone could answer before then.
I haven't looked at the passenger door yet. I'm hoping I don't have to hanged anything. It's a German-built R that was built in October 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
ooh, all of this makes me want to pick up a vcds unit of my own! i'm thinking of getting the electric folding mirrors with puddle lights at some point, and my car has the back up camera, so not sure the reverse mirror dip matters that much, but would be nice to figure out if it's possible to code it on my car. pretty amazed by how deep into things some forum members are going, very impressive!

You can have a backup camera and still mess up your wheels

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I've got the passenger one working fine, I don't have any memory module.

Tried to do the same thing with driver one as per DV52 tutorial, but doesn't work, only passenger one works.

Is that normal?