GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek wont fit

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Any update?
hello mate, ok so the exhaust was correct but the rubber hangers on the car must be turned 180 degrees so thats fine, also they did not include the reducer for the 3" milltek to go to the 2.5" DP but thats here now. so tonight is the night it gets fitted and all will be good

Reactions: krs

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R

Attachments

• 20231102_212126.jpg
    20231102_212126.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 20231102_212601.jpg
    20231102_212601.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
That’s great to hear. Let us know how the sound is…

When I had the oval tips, it took me a few different adjustments over a few days to get them looking good.
Yes mate we had the same issue....still think they need moved yet but the boy who helped said they looked ok. Some difference with the new tips to the stock ones isnt there?? I tried to upload a video of the sound but said it was to big. Tha sound is awsome it really is especially with the valves open. Only thing i can say the drone is a bit loud in the car but i just turn my music up 😀

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yes mate we had the same issue....still think they need moved yet but the boy who helped said they looked ok. Some difference with the new tips to the stock ones isnt there?? I tried to upload a video of the sound but said it was to big. Tha sound is awsome it really is especially with the valves open. Only thing i can say the drone is a bit loud in the car but i just turn my music up 😀

Interesting on the drone... I don't notice it on mine. I do however have stiffer mounts and bushings, which add to some noise, so maybe that moderates it, or masks it.

I've heard that exhaust tone changes with some mileage, can't say I've noticed that personally, but maybe it'll mellow out.

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Not sure mate but what a difference..love it not sure my neighbours will 😀
Interesting on the drone... I don't notice it on mine. I do however have stiffer mounts and bushings, which add to some noise, so maybe that moderates it, or masks it.

I've heard that exhaust tone changes with some mileage, can't say I've noticed that personally, but maybe it'll mellow out.
Sure

I've heard that exhaust tone changes with some mileage, can't say I've noticed that