GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mileage on new vehicle

SDU

Passed Driver's Ed
For all the new GTI owners. How many km/miles are your vehicle at delivery. Is 300km acceptable?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
For all the new GTI owners. How many km/miles are your vehicle at delivery. Is 300km acceptable?

It can be, mine was 13miles (21km) my previous car was 8 miles (13km) , why just GTI owners? Lot's of posters here have had new cars.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Depends how they had to deliver it.. You say "Canada" as your location .. how far from anywhere? :)

mittenz

Ready to race!
300 in Canada would indicate you either live way up north or its been test driven by atleast a dozen people who probably wanted a joy ride and the sales rep let them floor it to try and sell..

My car was ordered and showed up to the deal with 37 KM on it, I raged at the dealer as I did not believe they didn't take it for a test drive... I still have a complaint open with VWOA. The port is only 3 km away where all import manufacturers off-load their cars.

What you see, when you take over the car, doesn't mean much, as there are resets available to the dealer before the car reaches a certain mileage. At least the OP's dealer has been honest - or maybe wasn't aware he had the option!

SDU

Passed Driver's Ed
300 in Canada would indicate you either live way up north or its been test driven by atleast a dozen people who probably wanted a joy ride and the sales rep let them floor it to try and sell..

My car was ordered and showed up to the deal with 37 KM on it, I raged at the dealer as I did not believe they didn't take it for a test drive... I still have a complaint open with VWOA. The port is only 3 km away where all import manufacturers off-load their cars.

Yeah this applies to any new vehicles not just the GTI. I just wanted to get a sense of the km on delivery for my GTI

I live in downtown Vancouver BC. They said it is normal to have the car at over 100km. Also they claimed they have professional drivers to drive the cars around the dealerships etc.

Im glad to see it's not just me being picky about the kms

Where abouts are you located

jasonjb

Passed Driver's Ed
What you see, when you take over the car, doesn't mean much, as there are resets available to the dealer before the car reaches a certain mileage. At least the OP's dealer has been honest - or maybe wasn't aware he had the option!

pretty sure thats odometer fraud and its illegal in most places. This is from Alberta and its illegal there so im sure the rest of the provinces have similar laws

http://www.servicealberta.ca/pdf/tipsheets/Odometer_InfoSheet.pdf