GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 STD PQ/ZR Toolbox for MIB2 Discover Media Technisat/Preh

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Just want to let you know that there's a toolbox for the Discover Media as well: mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox on github.com
This toolbox is designed to give you deeper access to the filesystem, modify system skins and sounds, remove some of the system restrictions (for example CID-Lock for navigation SD cards), access and change part of the coding and adaptations of 5F unit, enable FTP access to filesystem, and more.

Installation
  1. Make sure that you have supported unit in your car.
  2. Make sure that you have enabled developer mode with OBDeleven, VCDS, or other diagnostic tool.
  3. Check what software you are running.
  4. Prepare empty, FAT32 formatted SD card. The bigger the better, but 1GB will work.
  5. Download latest release from here.
  6. Extract the release to the SD card.
  7. ONLY if you are running software 1xx or 2xx: replace the /cpu folder in the root of SD card with the one from /toolbox/gem. Check FAQ to know why.
  8. Go to your car, turn the ignition or engine on, remove SD cards from the unit in the glovebox, insert SD card with the toolbox into the slot 1.
  9. Press and hold MENU button for 3 seconds to enter Service Mode.
  10. Press Software update/versions, Update, SD card, MIBStd2_Online_Approval (V432-1), Start, Next.
  11. Wait. Main unit will reboot 2 times before it will show you list of updated modules.
  12. Press back arrow in top-right corner. Main unit will reboot for the third time.
  13. Press and hold MENU button for 10 seconds to enter Testmode menue, select Green Engineering Menu, mib2std_toolbox.
  14. Have fun!
Examples
Slick tiry in offroad mode SEAT style menu Mickey Mouse standby clock
📺 Toolbox installation
📺 CID-LOCK removal
📺 Fixing error 1556

FAQ
Will it work on my unit?
If you have VW Discover Media, MIB2 made by Technisat/Preh - yes.
Press and hold MENU button for 3 seconds, select update, and check software train. If it ends with "T" - you have Technisat/Preh unit. If it ends with "D" - you have Delphi unit.

Does it work on Delphi units?
No.

Does it work on Composition Media?
Technically yes, but not with the simple SD card installation method. You would have to open the unit, dump eMMC content, modify it, upload it back to the unit.

Does it work on Discover Pro?
No.

Does it work on MIB1?
No.

Why I should replace the /cpu folder
Software 1xx and 2xx is using GEM (green engineering menu) version 3.4 and 3.5 which will not work with the toolbox right away.
You need to use a different installer to additionally replace GEM with newer one.

How to enable developer mode with OBDeleven?
Connect with module 5F
Select diagnostic session: development mode
Go to Adaptation
Select channel: Developer mode
Change value to: activated and save.
Reboot the unit.

How to enable developer mode with VCDS?
Connect with module 5F
Select Security Access
Enter code: S12345
Go to Adaptation
Reboot the unit.

How to reboot the unit?
Press and hold volume control knob for 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Nam2

Car(s)
Golf VII TDI Variant
Right but only for a limited number of firmware trains ...

Q: Which firmware trains are currently supported for direct SWAP patching?
A. At the moment the following trains are supported:
- EU PQ/ZR 253
- EU ZR 369
- EU PQ/ZR 478
- EU PQ/ZR 479
- EU PQ/ZR 480
- EU ZR 516
- EU PQ 604
Info available / extracted from here: https://github.com/olli991/mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox

PS: I'm running MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0254T which is not (yet?) in the list 🙃

Last edited:

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I believe SWaP application is the same from ZR 0245 to ZR 0254. Toolbox should work with all of them

AlexT22

Car(s)
VW CC 2016
Hi, I have a VW CC 2016 with this unit. Will I be able to install this toolbox and unlock App Connect or will I need something extra apart from installing the toolbox?

1656661372221.png
1656661407071.png

It's the one that has both SD Cards on the unit.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Hi, I have a VW CC 2016 with this unit. Will I be able to install this toolbox and unlock App Connect or will I need something extra apart from installing the toolbox?

View attachment 254121View attachment 254122

It's the one that has both SD Cards on the unit.
Update to latest supported firmware (MST2_EU_VW_PQ_0254T or 0253T - not sure), install latest version of toolbox (download from github), enable developer mode (VCDS or OBD11 or CarScanner or VCP or whatever), go to toolbox and patch SWaP with it, replace USB port if required (CarPlay requires special port; AndroidAuto will work on any port).

korucu066

Car(s)
Octavia A7 2013
Update to latest supported firmware (MST2_EU_VW_PQ_0254T or 0253T - not sure), install latest version of toolbox (download from github), enable developer mode (VCDS or OBD11 or CarScanner or VCP or whatever), go to toolbox and patch SWaP with it, replace USB port if required (CarPlay requires special port; AndroidAuto will work on any port).
hello, I have a 5Q0 035 840 A -SW0245 Technisat Branded MIB STD2 ZR +/NAV unit, but there is no navigation, can I install a toolbox on it? Please Help!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
hello, I have a 5Q0 035 840 A -SW0245 Technisat Branded MIB STD2 ZR +/NAV unit, but there is no navigation, can I install a toolbox on it? Please Help!
Technically yes, but not with the simple SD card installation method. You would have to open the unit, dump eMMC content, modify it, upload it back to the unit.

AlexT22

Car(s)
VW CC 2016
Where can i get these firmware updates and how do i know which one is the lates and can be used on my unit ?

toom01

Car(s)
Golf V
Hi, I see your video
Just want to let you know that there's a toolbox for the Discover Media as well: mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox on github.com
This toolbox is designed to give you deeper access to the filesystem, modify system skins and sounds, remove some of the system restrictions (for example CID-Lock for navigation SD cards), access and change part of the coding and adaptations of 5F unit, enable FTP access to filesystem, and more.

Installation
  2. Make sure that you have enabled developer mode with OBDeleven, VCDS, or other diagnostic tool.
  4. Prepare empty, FAT32 formatted SD card. The bigger the better, but 1GB will work.
  7. ONLY if you are running software 1xx or 2xx: replace the /cpu folder in the root of SD card with the one from /toolbox/gem. Check FAQ to know why.
  8. Go to your car, turn the ignition or engine on, remove SD cards from the unit in the glovebox, insert SD card with the toolbox into the slot 1.
  10. Press Software update/versions, Update, SD card, MIBStd2_Online_Approval (V432-1), Start, Next.
  11. Wait. Main unit will reboot 2 times before it will show you list of updated modules.
  12. Press back arrow in top-right corner. Main unit will reboot for the third time.
  13. Press and hold MENU button for 10 seconds to enter Testmode menue, select Green Engineering Menu, mib2std_toolbox.
  14. Have fun!
Examples
View attachment 219910 View attachment 219911 View attachment 219914
📺 Toolbox installation
📺 CID-LOCK removal
📺 Fixing error 1556

FAQ
Will it work on my unit?
Press and hold MENU button for 3 seconds, select update, and check software train. If it ends with "T" - you have Technisat/Preh unit. If it ends with "D" - you have Delphi unit.

No.

No.

Does it work on MIB1?
No.

Software 1xx and 2xx is using GEM (green engineering menu) version 3.4 and 3.5 which will not work with the toolbox right away.
You need to use a different installer to additionally replace GEM with newer one.

Connect with module 5F
Go to Adaptation
Reboot the unit.

Connect with module 5F
Select Security Access
Go to Adaptation
Reboot the unit.

How to reboot the unit?

Installation
  14. Have fun!
Examples
View attachment 219910 View attachment 219911 View attachment 219914
📺 Toolbox installation
📺 CID-LOCK removal
📺 Fixing error 1556

FAQ
Will it work on my unit?

No.

No.

Does it work on MIB1?
No.

Connect with module 5F
Go to Adaptation
Reboot the unit.

Connect with module 5F
Select Security Access
Go to Adaptation
Reboot the unit.

How to reboot the unit?
Hi, I see your video for unlock app conect passat B8. Today I go with VCDS and turn on developer mode. Then I tried press 10sec Menu button and get green screen but I think this is from OEM VW. So before I install toolbox I have couple questions.
After I unlocked developer mode, I try installing new updates for MIB. This is link from your site picture is down.
When download finished I open with 7zip and on formatted FAT sd card unzzip all. Then start engine turn on screen and insert sd. When goes to update ther is sim but not see updates. Do I need something else unlock before? Thanks.
Then I will try unlock app conect. I have this sistem
MST2_EU_VW_ZR_ PO245T
Do I need change cpu folder how you describe?
Video is great, but maybe I'm doing something wrong when copy data on sd card. I have 32Gb class 10 buy new. Maybe first install toolbox, then remove CID-LOCK and then can install updates P0254T.
Thanks in front.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905_201308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230905_201308_Chrome.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 20230903_181431.jpg
    20230903_181431.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 242
  • 20230827_215554.jpg
    20230827_215554.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 236
  • 20230827_215545.jpg