GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I understand, but my Golf is a 2015 GTI and I've seen other GTIs with Preh's MIB2 that works perfectly. My Gateway is High and works normally.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I understand, but my Golf is a 2015 GTI and I've seen other GTIs with Preh's MIB2 that works perfectly. My Gateway is High and works normally.
I'm not saying anything is wrong with your Gateway/ECU. Mid/high does not matter... the software matters. Doesn't have anything to do with Preh/Tech/Harmon. The issue is the data is not being provided to the MIB.

Anyway, the channels for SportHMI (Performance Monitor) from my car are set like this, yours probably the same since the menu is working...
ENG122227-ENG126148-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMIactivated
ENG122227-ENG126151-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_after_disclaimernot activated
ENG122227-ENG127001-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_clamp_15_offnot activated
ENG122227-ENG126149-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_over_threshold_highactivated
ENG122227-ENG126150-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_standstillnot activated

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I'm not saying anything is wrong with your Gateway/ECU. Mid/high does not matter... the software matters. Doesn't have anything to do with Preh/Tech/Harmon. The issue is the data is not being provided to the MIB.

Anyway, the channels for SportHMI (Performance Monitor) from my car are set like this, yours probably the same since the menu is working...
ENG122227-ENG126148-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMIactivated
ENG122227-ENG126151-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_after_disclaimernot activated
ENG122227-ENG127001-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_clamp_15_offnot activated
ENG122227-ENG126149-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_over_threshold_highactivated
ENG122227-ENG126150-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_SportHMI_standstillnot activated
Thank you very much @CUZOé, I will check the information coming from the ECU. thanks

mitchmansf

Car(s)
VW MK7 Variant
@mr-fix

I have a VW 2015 Sportwagen TDI SE with the Panasonic Infotainment, it needs the firmware upgrade from MSTD_US_VW_P3470 to MSTD_US_VW_P4430. I have searched high and low for the file and even taken it to the dealer to no avail. Would you be able to add it to the mibsolution.one site?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@mr-fix

I have a VW 2015 Sportwagen TDI SE with the Panasonic Infotainment, it needs the firmware upgrade from MSTD_US_VW_P3470 to MSTD_US_VW_P4430. I have searched high and low for the file and even taken it to the dealer to no avail. Would you be able to add it to the mibsolution.one site?
Can't help with sourcing the firmware but you could provide dealer with the TSB... https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/MC-10122938-9999.pdf

They aren't going to do the work for free at this point, but no reason they shouldn't be able to do it.

mitchmansf

Car(s)
VW MK7 Variant

kamov23

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hi everyone!

Hoping for a bit of help here. I've downloaded the most up to date update for my unit (MST2_US_VW_P0635D).

The thing is that my GTI has a lot of SWaP codes enabled from the dealership (about 10 to be exact).

My questions is if I update to the latest firmware, will my SWaP codes be erased? I'm hesitant to update without knowing .

Thanks!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
All codes will stay.
The only scenario that you will have problem with is when you have unofficial (self-generated) codes installed. They will be marked as invalid after update. But official/factory/dealer codes will be fine.

I-A

Car(s)
MK8 Golf GTE
Mostly bugfixes and stability, if we are talking about updates that are supported by not modified unit.
But if you patch the SWDL app (which is responsible for checking if the update package is correct) you can force to install other firmwares (from different brand like Skoda to VW, different region like NAR to EU, different SW range like 02xx to 04xx). Installing facelift firmware will give you new menu layout, updated graphics of the vehicle, support for FEC 00070400 - Electronic Voice Amplifier (ICC), support for features like VirtualCockpit if you want to retrofit it...
Hi Mr Fix,

Is there a guide on how to install 0478 on to a 0245 PQ device?

Thank you

David200095367

Car(s)
2015 mk7 tdi
Hi, I installed a firmware update on my car. Everything worked, but I ended up with two fault codes stored 1555 (check software version management) and 1556. I was able to clear the 1555 error via the help of the ross-tech forums, but I am unable to figure out how to clear the 1556 error. This is the fault code stored:
Code:
1556 - Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error
B2000 87 [009] - Missing Message
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 47
Mileage: 59212 km
Date: 2023.03.09
Time: 10:42:42

My previous sw version was:
Train: MHI2_US_VWG13_P3662_1
MU: 1418
PN: 5NA035026E

My version is now:
Train: MHI2_US_VWG13_P3659_2
MU: 1126
PN: 5NA035026C

I think the fault is because I went backwards in software versions, but I can't find my original software version on the MIB solution website to revert it back to. It doesn't cause any functional issue with the infotainment, and I didn't lose any features, but I would like to clear the fault and/or get my original SW version back. Preferably just clear the error if possible, as I don't want to risk damaging the unit from another update. Anyone have any insight?
Hey did you ever solve your 1556 fault error?