GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matteo's Tornado Red GTI

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone, I just purchased my 2016 GTI 4 door S in manual transmission on Saturday, July 23. I previously own a 2013 Golf and the GTI has been a huge step above my last car. I modded the Golf a lot and wanted to take things a bit slower with the GTI, sticking mainly to small performance and cosmetic mods and eventually a tune. I'll keep this thread updated along the way.

Here's a picture as I traded in the Golf and picked up the GTI

And a shot of the car alone

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
First order of business was changing out all the headlight bulbs to better match the LED fogs. Went with Nokya hyper whites from my last car for the headlights and the DeAutoKey white H15's for the DRL's. Looks much better.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Enjoy the TR GTI! I thought I was going to take it slow with mods as well... Such a fun car to drive and loving it more everyday!

Chi

Thanks! The car is a blast to drive indeed.

Next up was color matching the rear badge with a red inlay from Klii Moterwerks

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Added the DeAutoKey tail light LED's. Easy upgrade that makes the car look a little more high end.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Love the inlay, ordered that myself a few days ago. Going with gloss black badge w it though.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Love the inlay, ordered that myself a few days ago. Going with gloss black badge w it though.

Nice! I keep debating on the gloss black badges this time around too. Be sure to share some pics

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Finally got my windows tinted! 15% all around and added a windshield sun strip as well. Made a huge difference

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
EZ Lip getting here Friday! Finally really getting used to the stick shift, as I'm learning for the first time on this car. New confidence in my driving skills has caused some serious mod bug problems..we'll see where else it takes me :rolleyes:

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Installed the 1.5 inch Allfit* lip this morning. Letting it sit in the sun to make sure it bonds nicely. Overall happy with the quality of the product. Package included latex gloves, adhesive bond promoter, stickers, lanyard, and some alcohol prep pads.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Looks cool! What's next?

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Bought the Injen intake from a forum member, should receive it sometimes this week, can't wait.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Here are a few sound clips of the intake