GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro vs Cobb

importrx7

Ready to race!
When I first bought my R I was disappointed to find out the Cobb wasn’t out for the R yet. I was impatient and decided to go with Eurodyne, mainly because the ability of Maestro tuning. Now Cobb has released the Accessport of course after going down another rabbit hole for tuning. I’m wondering would it be worth switching to Cobb from my Eurodyne Stage 2? I had an Accessport on my old Focus ST and I loved the quick map switching and logging abilities of it. Anyone else considering switching from their current tuner to Cobb?

importrx7

Ready to race!
No I love the car on its current tune but am always open to something different. The amount of tuners for the Cobb is what makes it appealing to me

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I'll be switching from APR stage 2 to a custom Cobb tune in the near future. Nothing beats a tune customized specifically for your vehicle IMO.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Ain’t broken don’t fix it. Your current tune sounds great and 11.9 is awesome! As a Cobb user I love it but I don’t think you will net gains worth switching

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
I've put more than 200K miles on Subarus ('02 WRX and '07 STI) using Cobb for parts and tuning. A custom Protune would be on my very short list, unless I had something that worked perfectly well already.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Post some pre & post dynos!

Yeah I will. I'll be going to Equilibrium tuning in the North Bay and being tuned by Ed Susman. Been too long since I've gone and had a vehicle dynoed.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I will. I'll be going to Equilibrium tuning in the North Bay and being tuned by Ed Susman. Been too long since I've gone and had a vehicle dynoed.

I'm a GTI but did switch from APR to Cobb and thought of going Equilibrium until I was given price. Cost would be 1200 including AP, dyno and I believe street tuning. I decided to go with 5150 due to price and people have had good results, as well as me, with them. Price of AP with remote protune is $775.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Also people have been having great results with Maestro with tuning done by Sam 613B6 remotely. No point in switching to Cobb from ED in my opinion.