GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowered on coils. Now feel and hear swaybar clunking?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I recently installed some FK Coilovers and lowered my car more than when I was on VWR springs.

Now over some bumps or turns I can hear some noise, and what I think I feel is the swaybar "flexing". Is this normal? My (inexperienced) thought is the end-links are not suited for this ride height. Is this a possibility?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Double check the top strut nut along with the mount bolts.

I've got a rattle in the front depending on the articulation when turning due to the sway bar hitting the subframe. Adjustable endlinks will fix this and keep proper sway bar geometry/preload. I'm pretty low on kw v1's.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Your thinking is correct. Since you lowered your car the sway-bar end links are now too long & in a bind. Buy some adjustable ones & set at the correct length so they don't bind. Ideally you'd want to do both the front & rear.

DrDavid

Ready to race!
I recently installed some FK Coilovers and lowered my car more than when I was on VWR springs.

Now over some bumps or turns I can hear some noise, and what I think I feel is the swaybar "flexing". Is this normal? My (inexperienced) thought is the end-links are not suited for this ride height. Is this a possibility?

Fk coilovers ? and you didn´t want noises ?? change them...they are really BAD !!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Fk coilovers ? and you didn´t want noises ?? change them...they are really BAD !!
Got them for free, so figured I'd try them out :). They are not THAT bad other than the noises ;).

I'll probably end up going back to a set of springs though (with a more aggressive drop than VWR I had before)

DrDavid

Ready to race!
Got them for free, so figured I'd try them out :). They are not THAT bad other than the noises ;).

I'll probably end up going back to a set of springs though (with a more aggressive drop than VWR I had before)

+1

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
remove your sway end links completely, bungy cord the bar to the strut and see if noise persists. If it does, then it's not the sway.