GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIVE from Paris Show: Debut of 2013 GTI and Golf [Photos]

LilRhodyGti

Passed Driver's Ed
Like it. Took it up a few notches but didn't get radical. The black integration of the sunroof is really sweet. Big fan of the standard led tails as well. Would like to see a lack and grey one.

plac

GTI Master
wish that interior didn't look so much better... puts a wrench into the direction I was heading soon. i like the angled console. plus the shape.

the intake is very different. no more stage 2 pipe..

Ronan1

Ready to race!
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Looks like the throttle pedal is mounted from above vs. the floor mounted pedal in my 08 GTI.

Much prefer the floor mounting, but a minor gripe. Curious to see the 'night' shots of this car and how the lighting at the front reflects the red stripe.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
How did anyone not notice the biggest upgrade??? ;)

The 17"(that number apparently refers to minimum wheel clearance size) is for the Performance package, along with caliper with "GTI" badging, which is probably the Golf R brake....

The base is still the "16" Brake". Same as current car...

Du Hast

Go Kart Newbie

So I did a quick Photoshop to compair with and without the Red bit in the headlights

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Looks better without the red headlights. Golf headlight swap and front bumper swap(euro- no side marker) = badass.

Agreed, headlights look like shit.

Does anyone know if the GTI will be built in Mexico or Wolfsburg? I'm not buying a Mexican made German car- nor do I want a German Corona to drink.

1-The Hood bulge is a fugly inversion of the Mk VI hood, which looks much better.
2-Interior looks Jetta hard plastic cheap.
3-Wondering how much of the good stuff VW of America will deny us.

If they screw it up, my next ride will be an Audi. No Teabagger Edition (Chattanooga) or Mexican Dubs for me.

SLHammer

Looks great except for:

What's with all the red trim? Please take off what the three items Andy mentions below.

Not sure how I feel about 3 things:
Side badging..meh can be removed I am sure.
Headlights with the red stripe..
Red stictching on the leather..

Otherwise I think it looks great.

vdubbing

I did a quick ugly photochop of what I would have LOVED the front end to look like... No red stripes (although I don't mind them too much), but the bottom of the headlights flushed with the bumper instead of "cutting into it"...

Attachments

• gti_my_version.jpg
    gti_my_version.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 2,276

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Definitely looks better in person as opposed to those renderings. Still not sure about the red stripe through the headlights or the clear reverse lights going right through the middle of the tail lights. The side mirrors on the doors are a little weird at first. But that's for aerodynamics I guess.

Vincevw3291

Euro Model

It's certainly the Euro model, all the bells and whistles. No worries, VW will strip it down to the bone before they send it to the U.S.

The center stack integration with the drivers gauge cluster is nice but otherwise... gag.

I'm a fan of the fake leather or v-tex they call it. I had it in my 08' Jetta and after 3 years of daily driving it looked brand new, was comfortable on both hot and cold days.

Yeah, lose that stripe in the lights, looks like a boy racer mod.

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
I know people all say you never like the next model when you have the previous model but I disagree. When the MK6 was first revealed and I had my MK5, I wanted one really bad. Appearance wise, I don't dislike anything about the MK6, but the MK7 has a few things I don't like. The red stripe through the headlights, the shape of the taillights, the honeycomb on the diffuser, the angular rear reflectors, the side badges, the way the rear "spoiler" fades downward, all the fake carbon fiber, the steering wheel and other things I probably haven't noticed yet. Those things aren't too bad but they could have been made better. I do really like the fog lights though, they're hidden.