GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED reverse lights=radio static

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I finally pulled the trigger on Deautokey LED reverse lights for my US OEM tails, and well worth the money! Super bright in comparison to stock which is exactly what I needed living in the middle of nowhere SC and working night shift. So as with most things we do to our cars there is one small inconvenience to this mod. While in reverse the radio goes static consistently, every time. Ik most of us here seem to be detail oriented so I figured I'd point out this small flaw. I still 100% recommend them, just FYI

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Last edited:

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
There is definitely an issue with the radio and reverse. On my car every single time I go into reverse listening to the radio it makes a noise when the camera flips out. Its a high pitch squeal, like clockwork. My car has no mods either.

I've heard of these issues with aftermarket car audio but not OE. It needs some form of a filter to clean out the interference.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Thanks - can we have info on when purchased / reverse type (194 or bay9s) / housing model OEM/Aftermarket.

We can try to help, we have to figure out why everyone does not have the issue.

Sorry if I confused anyone, I was confirming your statement that this is a vehicle issue and not your product. My car is completely stock and I have the reverse interference issue.

It's possible adding products may enhance it but it's for sure an underlying issue with the vehicle.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
i too have had the same issue with reverse lights/radio static from the day i installed my deauto reverse leds

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
i too have had the same issue with reverse lights/radio static from the day i installed my deauto reverse leds

Sorry if I confused anyone, I was confirming your statement that this is a vehicle issue and not your product. My car is completely stock and I have the reverse interference issue.

It's possible adding products may enhance it but it's for sure an underlying issue with the vehicle.

Thank you for the update, these same LEDs are in other car models with 0 radio interference and they are in many MK7 with no issues, so we have to narrow it down to model/year of the MK7 to figure this out.

If everyone can email Support@deAutoLED.com with order info/date purchased and car info, they can try to help.

Thank you

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Do you have radio static without LED like OnePerfectDose mentioned?

It has to do with the car so we are not sure if it will help but we will try a different setup - but this same model in many mk7 gti/golf have no radio static and this same model is in many other car's reverse, Tacoma / Jeep / Subaru just to name a few and no radio static issue.

Last edited:

ACE2

Ready to race!
I have a 2016 gti and I noticed it too, didn't realize it until I saw this thread though Lol I just thought it was my car but after just installing my led tails I can't fit the led bulb in them. Noticed that my noise is completely gone now lol like I said I've always assumed it was just the vehicle trying to cut radio down for people to pay attention to backing up the car or something

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sorry for the delay everyone I'll try to test the new bulbs tonight, and also try the original set in another GTI here at work. I'll grab some pics of the two cars side by side if we can find a dark enough parking spot to compare the two (LED TO STOCK)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The new LEDs work great! No more static and just as bright as before which is a big improvement over stock. For comparison I took a few pics next to my buddies car with stock reverse lights installed. We also tried the original set of LEDs in his and the issue did follow, so I guess that confirms they nailed the fix and my car wasn't an isolated issue (with the old revision). Thanks again Deautokey for going above and beyond to make sure these lights work flawlessly, I'll be ordering a few other LEDs for sure. Just to clarify the original set only caused static on FM radio, so if you use aux, BT, XM, CD, etc you wouldn't have ever noticed

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
maybe because you're installing reverse LEDs in the NA. tail lights? Maybe there isn't a problem installing reverse LEDs in the Euro tail lights?