GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leather heated seats take FOREVER compare to cloth

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
The plaid cloth seats in the GTI are great and I use the heaters but find the (3 light) option gets too hot quickly. So I start with 2 and then go to the 1 light setting.
The cloth ones do warm up quicker than the leather ones in my other car.

Anybody else do what my wife does?: Turns the heated seat on and runs the AC to keep her cool. Says it helps her back.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I've had cloth, real leather and vtex "leather" in my 3 different VWs. In the cold, id take the cloth every time, its much much warmer. The Vtex was cold at first but warms quickly. The real leather warms slower, but it's real leather so it's very nice. The Vtex in my mk6 GLI was kind of waxy and firm, but it's super rugged. Never wrinkles, easy to clean, looked brand new at 40,000 miles.

And yes, a heated steering wheel is amazing. True luxury

nate704

Go Kart Champion
heated seat is good for your female passenger/driver, but your "man" will not like it when you heat up that area.
Your "man" area is supposed to be stay cooled to produce healthy "man" friends. =)

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually just put mine at the lowest setting on cold days, and usually end up turning it off midway through my drive since it gets too warm. They are nice for that little bit when the car is still cold though.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Both 17 and 18 GTIs (leather) seat heaters seem weak.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Cloth seats don't need heating. Leather seats need both heating and cooling as they are either freezing cold in the winter or magma hot in the summer. The heating cooling is pointless for that anyway unless you start the car and wait for them to do their thing. My last few cars had leather but the GTI, I chose cloth and so glad I did, I doubt I would choose the leather option again.

Why don’t cloth seats need heating? It’s true that to the touch they aren’t as cold as leather but when it’s 30F it’s cold in the car. I love my heated cloth seats and use them daily this time of year.

sdo1349

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT,
Its not the leather guys, my S500 leather seats heat up in minutes. I have 190K on that car and the leather is thick. Like I said its not the leather, its the way they are trying the heat them.

shimwrecker

Passed Driver's Ed
I sold my GTI SE with leather for an S with cloth.

I made a 10 mile trip in winter in my SE and the seats never got warm.

mike.randall.566

Passed Driver's Ed
At least the seats get good and hot once they heat up, my Mazda seats barely got warm. Need to look into obdeleven coding, think you can set the 3 temp settings. I did program the car to remember last setting, really nice not having to turn it on lowest setting every time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion