GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control

jtbazz1

Ready to race!
May be a really dumb question and I tried to use the search function. How do you do launch control. From what I have seen you just put the car in race mode, turn off traction and then put in sport then you should be able to put foot on brake, gas to build up rpm and that's it. That doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Manual mode also works, and you don't need to shift yourself since the car will automatically upshift when it nears the rev limiter.

Speaking of launch control, anyone know if the manual will have it? (I understand you still have to row your own, but other cars like the new Vette and some Camaros do include launch control with the manual)

The "No-lift Up-shift" feature would probably go a long way to closing the 0-60 gap between manual and DSG

Chimeric

Ready to race!
don't laugh, but i too had the same problem and figured out what i was doing wrong. Not pressing the brake pedal hard enough. funny how it's hard enough to start the car, but was not enough for LC...

jtbazz1

Ready to race!
OK. Launch control does not work for me. I have tried everything. When i put my foot on break and hit the gas it won't go above 2000RPM and the weakens. I am taking all the right steps, what could I be doing wrong.

GHgolfR

OK. Launch control does not work for me. I have tried everything. When i put my foot on break and hit the gas it won't go above 2000RPM and the weakens. I am taking all the right steps, what could I be doing wrong.

You have to press the brake harder or that is what will happen. Trust me, it happened to me as well. You really have to press the brake hard in order to use launch control.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Speaking of launch control, anyone know if the manual will have it? (I understand you still have to row your own, but other cars like the new Vette and some Camaros do include launch control with the manual)

Since the launch control with the DSG only replicates what happens with a manual transmission when you bring the revs up and then quickly let out the clutch, I doubt that any additional electronic trickery will come standard with a transmission which VW charges $1000 less to buy.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Minor gripe, but pressing the pedal hard enough to get into launch mode slows my reaction time a tad. I.e. subjectively side-stepping a clutch or releasing a line control is faster for r/t. Maybe I have a stupid leg and it is my problem and not the car's. Anyway, I'm not racing every weekend so it is not a big thing. The first time I did it I cackled like a witch that found a five pound bag of eye of newt on sale.