GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Las Vegas Owners

FenderR

Passed Driver's Ed
New to the Mk7 forum! Have had quite a few VW in the past few years.

Who's all from the Vegas area?

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Pretty new to MK7..just got mine about a month ago. Traded in my '13 GTI. Before that I had an '09 Rabbit.

Got any plans to Autocross? There's an Las Vegas Region SCCA event coming up on the 13th. I'll be out there, but won't be racing since I have two kids in a Kart that I have to herd.

http://lvrscca.org/?page_id=153

FenderR

Passed Driver's Ed
Either of you get the Performance Pkg?

I might auto cross a bit after I've had the car a while longer! I just picked up 2016 GTI S MT with Lighting Pkg. I actually had a 2015 GTI SE with Lighting, but traded it for a dreaded TDI Sportwagen MT. Dieselgate hit, and I wasn't too happy. A dealer here offered a good enough deal that I actually broke even on my very recent trade. So back to a GTI lol. Oh, and I had a 2013 Golf R before this.

Anyway, does anybody do meet ups or cruises around here? I'm in my late 20s so I'm not really looking for the 'Break laws, rev for no reason, and pretend that's cool' types haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ_infinite

Ready to race!
I didn't think it mattered at the time I got my car, but now I almost wish I did get the PP. Either way I still love my car. That doesn't sound too bad. I didn't get to break even on my trade in but the loyalty bonus helped a lot.

Some general meets are posted on instagram by fukuburger. Theres always cars and coffee saturday mornings. I think there are meets on wednesdays but I haven't checked those out yet. I'd love some cruises but haven't found or done any. Oh and apparently townsquare has a vw meet. Forgot exactly when it is. And of course Findlay VW in Henderson does one the first Friday of every month at 7pm.

Lol, I'm barely gonna turn 21 in a couple months actually. Still learning to drive stick and occasionally go over posted speed suggestions but i dont ever just rev my engine. Maybe when I get an exhaust I'll be tempted to hear it more.

FenderR

Passed Driver's Ed
I just moved here in April so I haven't been to anything car related here (also haven't been looking much). I'd like to get together with some VW guys though. And once you get manual down, you'll love it. I've been driving stick cars since I was 17 and still love it.

RJ_infinite

Ready to race!
I actually just started to get into after I got this car. I just love it and want to be involved with the car community because of it. Well friday would be a great opportunity to since its at the VW dealership haha. I'm always open to hanging out and cruising. I'm already loving it. Stalling doesnt even scare me anymore because push button start just makes restarting the car easier and less nerve-wracking. But I'm getting the hang of it and just love being in my car.

Bfestone

Got a '16 golf S. For just $33 a month more I could have gotten the SE. Why did I not. Dammit! Until the car came in they gave me a loaner SE and I really miss the KESSY.

Still love how solid this car feels.

1st modern VW for me. Used to have a '67 Manx dune buggy.

FenderR

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually just started to get into after I got this car. I just love it and want to be involved with the car community because of it. Well friday would be a great opportunity to since its at the VW dealership haha. I'm always open to hanging out and cruising. I'm already loving it. Stalling doesnt even scare me anymore because push button start just makes restarting the car easier and less nerve-wracking. But I'm getting the hang of it and just love being in my car.

Sounds like yore getting the hang of it! Next up, rev matching. Then heel-toe downshifts. It becomes natural after a year or two. The GTI clutch isn't the easiest to learn on, but it definitely beats an old Tacoma 5 speed haha. I might be able to make it Friday since I work in Henderson.

I attend most all VW meets.

VWs invade the dam is in April and the Townsquare meet is the first weekend in October.

We are also the Las Vegas APR dealer. Tunes are on sale right now also.

RJ_infinite is one of our customers.

I am thinking about doing a tune one of these days. How much is the sale?

Got a '16 golf S. For just $33 a month more I could have gotten the SE. Why did I not. Dammit! Until the car came in they gave me a loaner SE and I really miss the KESSY.

Still love how solid this car feels.

1st modern VW for me. Used to have a '67 Manx dune buggy.

Oh wow I bet that 67 was a blast! The Golf S is still a solid car but I definitely miss KESSY too.

Alex2210

Hey gents,

New to the forums, name is Alex! Had my 15 GTI since July last year. Was looking to meet up with other owners in Vegas.

RJ_infinite

Ready to race!
Sounds like yore getting the hang of it! Next up, rev matching. Then heel-toe downshifts. It becomes natural after a year or two. The GTI clutch isn't the easiest to learn on, but it definitely beats an old Tacoma 5 speed haha. I might be able to make it Friday since I work in Henderson.

I am thinking about doing a tune one of these days. How much is the sale?

Still learning my stick haha, little hard to get heel-toe with this car. Did you ever get a tune or any other mods? Go to any meets?

Hey gents,

New to the forums, name is Alex! Had my 15 GTI since July last year. Was looking to meet up with other owners in Vegas.

Hey there. Anything done to your car? Not sure when the next meet is, maybe the next first friday is closest? Or something up at findlay north vw.

Alex2210

Hey there. Anything done to your car? Not sure when the next meet is, maybe the next first friday is closest? Or something up at findlay north vw.

Nah brother nothing done yet. Honestly plan on turning mine into a rally car. Gotta buy a house for the wife and kids first.

Burdman

Passed Driver's Ed
Id be down for a meet at Findlay north seeing as Henderson is quite a drive for me!

RJ_infinite

Ready to race!
Id be down for a meet at Findlay north seeing as Henderson is quite a drive for me!

I'm down for a meet at north.

Nah brother nothing done yet. Honestly plan on turning mine into a rally car. Gotta buy a house for the wife and kids first.

Rally sounds sweet. I'd love to see how it ends up, but yeah I get theres other prioirities haha. Good luck getting a house man