GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue with nav on 2017 golf r?

Dave123901

Ugh. 876A is the same Delphi turd that Wolfsburg is putting into R's, that then crap the bed at an astronomical rate. VW needs to figure out wtf is going on here and get this issue resolved.. it's dragged on forever, dealers are clueless as to what to do (no surprise there), and no definite fix seems to be available. Lame.

Unfixable for sure... I just took mine in for the second time. My first one died at 2300 miles. It was replaced and died again just over a month later at 4000 miles. I just spoke with vw and started a buy back process due to the issue being unfixable by the dealer.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
I had another glitch today...on an incoming call, I pressed the red (hang up/end call) button on an incoming call and the system locked....kept ringing and ringing but the phone (Axon 7) showed the called ended...could not stop the ringing w/out a reset which took more than 15 seconds of constant depression of the on/off button...looks like their are weird things that will randomly pop out...but I'm 3 weeks removed from my upgrade

Volkslanta

Broken on day 1

We can add my 2017 GTI Autobahn to the list of casualties. In summary:

- 3/27: purchased vehicle new with 22 miles late on Monday. On drive home the stereo input controls stopped working and the head unit reset itself
- 3/28: navigation wouldn't start and was stuck searching for data
- 3/29: navigation somehow worked again; drove two hours without issue
- 3/30: navigation wouldn't work at all (searching and searching) and the system completely reset itself 5 times in 25 minutes, which seemed to stop when I yanked the SD navigation card
- 3/31 and 4/1: system wouldn't connect to iPhone via bluetooth, but I thought, at least until I can get to the dealer, I can use Apple CarPlay via USB. Nope. The reset cycle continued and only SiriusXM stations worked. Had to turn bluetooth off on phone and disconnect from USB to stop system resets
- 4/2: system resets itself even on just SiriusXM, when it does, the input and adjustment buttons (volume, etc.) don't work until a hard reset is performed

So, less than 500 miles in and I've had to return to use my phone headphones again - same as I did in the 1999 Honda Accord with 204k miles I traded in. Guess I'll be getting to know my local service department now. Had been hoping that a new vehicle would keep me from wasting my time in that way. At least it drives quite well.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
I glitched again today on another incoming call...When I pushed green phone, the phone disconnected from the MIB2...Ending call did not reconnect...Reset the unit again by pressing and holding the on/off button...

TheTGB

GTI has 400 miles. Turned it on today, heard a scratch, and no sound. Tried to restart and couldn't move the volume after that.

Tried restarting the system, car, everything. Let it sit for 30 minutes and sound was working again. Good to know that this will continue. Meh.

Part: *5844A
Software: 0751

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
GTI has 400 miles. Turned it on today, heard a scratch, and no sound. Tried to restart and couldn't move the volume after that.

Tried restarting the system, car, everything. Let it sit for 30 minutes and sound was working again. Good to know that this will continue. Meh.

Part: *5844A
Software: 0751

Yuck.

What's the full p/n? I want to see if I can figure out who makes that one. It's not the same as the 876A part that's failing in R's - I suspect you don't have nav?

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
I getting the glitch with the phone not linking with the unit...Or vice versa...I think I'll unpair, reset the MIB2 then re-pair the phone... Interesting, someone said 576A units are in the R...I have 17 Alltrack SEL

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I getting the glitch with the phone not linking with the unit...Or vice versa...I think I'll unpair, reset the MIB2 then re-pair the phone... Interesting, someone said 576A units are in the R...I have 17 Alltrack SEL

I think the 576A units are in anything in the Golf family that includes nav. You get something different in Jettas (not MQB yet) and other non-Golf models. Curious now who makes the non-nav Golf units - if they're not Delphi, perhaps they aren't so sucky. And you don't see (many) reports of non-nav units failing.

TheTGB

Yuck.

What's the full p/n? I want to see if I can figure out who makes that one. It's not the same as the 876A part that's failing in R's - I suspect you don't have nav?

Correct, no NAV in the regular S, but still have some of the same problems that people in the R are reporting. Can get you a full number later if you still want it for whatever reason.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone tell me if their issue(s) after hardware update(s) have occured when trying to make a call using the MIB2 to dial/connect...or when the cell phone tries to dial out through the MIB2...I can receive calls fine through the MIB2, I can't initiate an outgoing call w/out creating a glitch...still trying to determine if the issue is my cell phone type...very interested for feedback

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone tell me if their issue(s) after hardware update(s) have occured when trying to make a call using the MIB2 to dial/connect...or when the cell phone tries to dial out through the MIB2...I can receive calls fine through the MIB2, I can't initiate an outgoing call w/out creating a glitch...still trying to determine if the issue is my cell phone type...very interested for feedback

I think I found out the problem and a work around...I must pause/stop the audio from the phone before initiating a call either from the phone or from the MIB2...doesn't seem like it should be this way, but it be!!!

Apw36

2017 GTI Autobahn with the same "checking data" loop on the navigation. I've taken it to the dealership, and they said they flashed new software. The problem still exists so they ordered some parts.

TimGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
2017 GTI Autobahn with the same "checking data" loop on the navigation. I've taken it to the dealership, and they said they flashed new software. The problem still exists so they ordered some parts.

Did they by chance tell you which parts were ordered? They tried flashing mine and then ordered a new navigation SD card (not the reader, the card itself). It came in and was the same version that I had, so clearly fixed nothing. I am waiting on another new card for my third trip back. I still think it is the card reader. My reader does not read all my FLAC files, so something is flaky there.