GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 on E30 vs C7 Vette

jmasse

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the E30 really worth the trouble? 20is HP probably on a Stage 1 car compared to 91 octane?

I am buying the Stratified Tune and looking for guidance!

TheWedgie

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the E30 really worth the trouble? 20is HP probably on a Stage 1 car compared to 91 octane?

Full disclosure: I don't have an E30 tune (yet)... but that is definitely my plan after I get Intake, FMIC, mounts, and plugs installed this weekend... If you have E85 close by, it's really a no-brainer.

Sure, mixing can be a slight pain in the ass... but running an E30 tune on my Focus ST in an area where E85 was harder to come by was still easily 100% worth it in my mind... The cost/benefit ratio is tough to beat.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
My old man has my c7. It would still take my GTI for now. I’m ok with that. No existential crisis here. :). But, good to know is38 on corn does the trick. Get on cam??

No unfortunately not, I don't have a dash cam. Been debating that more and more.

I'm going to wait until I dyno to make that determination.

The car is stronger, but it really only took 2 degrees more timing, so I don't think I'm going to see the numbers I was hoping for (390whp).

We shall see.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
No unfortunately not, I don't have a dash cam. Been debating that more and more.

I'm going to wait until I dyno to make that determination.

The car is stronger, but it really only took 2 degrees more timing, so I don't think I'm going to see the numbers I was hoping for (390whp).

We shall see.

In my experience with DI engines each degree of timing is almost 10 whp in some cases.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Man I wish we had e85 here.

Damn NASCAR country all they have is “ethanol free” for their bass boats and golf carts...

At least I have 93 I guess. Awesome dyno numbers and run btw

Hoon

Autocross Champion
In my experience with DI engines each degree of timing is almost 10 whp in some cases.

I hope you're right. It was turned up slightly, so I'll log it tonight and see how it looks.

Man I wish we had e85 here.

Damn NASCAR country all they have is “ethanol free” for their bass boats and golf carts...

At least I have 93 I guess. Awesome dyno numbers and run btw

Thanks Jake.

E85 is amazing stuff, but this is the first time I've tried a blend.

I had 90 degree IATs on the dyno due to the low airflow, could have used on of those Baun ICs ;)