So i was able to get the line under the turbo out. Jesus

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
So i was able to get the line under the turbo out. Jesus

Oh, nice. I'm surprised that worked better for you. I also tried that when I was stuck but found it to be just as hard as pulling it out from the engine block. I'm glad you figured it out! That PP diff definitely makes it more difficult.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Oh, nice. I'm surprised that worked better for you. I also tried that when I was stuck but found it to be just as hard as pulling it out from the engine block. I'm glad you figured it out! That PP diff definitely makes it more difficult.

reason why it worked was i removed the turbo completely and twisted it. So i had super easy access to the bottom line. Question now is do i just bolt the block line and let it be. and go from the bottom with the other line.

Me turning it and such shouldnt damage the o ring. All of the ones I took out the O rings looked in top shape.

PS turbo is out finally.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
reason why it worked was i removed the turbo completely and twisted it. So i had super easy access to the bottom line. Question now is do i just bolt the block line and let it be. and go from the bottom with the other line.

Me turning it and such shouldnt damage the o ring. All of the ones I took out the O rings looked in top shape.

PS turbo is out finally.

Is she in yet?;) Good news is that reassembly is typically much quicker than disassembly.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Is she in yet?;) Good news is that reassembly is typically much quicker than disassembly.

I am putting in the actuators as we speak.

One thing I will add to the install guide and that is prob for PP GTIs.

Dont go for the block oil line. Remove the 3 easy lines then take the turbo out and turn it over in the engine bay. The block line has rubber midway so it can take some twisting. It will leak a cup of coolant from the coolant lower line so be ready. Then have at it from under the turbo super easy.

To put the line/bolt back in use allen key its a lot easier and it gives you leverage to push the bolt on the bracket. If I did that from the beginning I would have saved myself 8 hours of pulling and twisting. It took literally 15 min to remove that line. We all live and learn.

Now hoping I dont miss a nut or bolt putting everything back together.

Actuators/ hard line/ Plug in some lines/ some connectors / Intake/ donwpipe left. Almost there guys.

Thank you for the help this guide has been awesome. Also wy2sl0 has been a great help via messenger.

You guys are great!!

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Ok I think I am fucked. My fans are not working coolant keeps overflowing I dont know what to do!

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Did you run without cap (completely off) to bleed the system? Does it overflow then? If you have VCDS, I would run a scan to see what's reported.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Did you run without cap (completely off) to bleed the system? Does it overflow then? If you have VCDS, I would run a scan to see what's reported.

I did it was fine and all of a sudden overflow everywhere

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I did it was fine and all of a sudden overflow everywhere

Even with cap fully off and just idling? Seen this once where a cap was partially on, but not fully screwed on.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I ran obd eleven. Two faults.
Databus error value recieved
Heater support pump dry running but in green

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Even with cap fully off and just idling? Seen this once where a cap was partially on, but not fully screwed on.

Cap was partially off. With the cap fully sealed no overflow but low coolant. Should I go for a drive and bring a jug of distilled water and watch temps?

Does our overflow release pressure? I dont want it to bust.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Cap was partially off. With the cap fully sealed no overflow but low coolant. Should I go for a drive and bring a jug of distilled water and watch temps?

Does our overflow release pressure? I dont want it to bust.

I think you are good to drive and refill as in the OP. If the cap is partially on, it will overflow. Clear codes and keep filing her up as she needs it.