GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Thanks for proving my point. I said since we don't have better real numbers, we have to extrapolate what we have to come to some sort of conclusion. You should probably stop.
...extrapolate literally means to assume based on data. you are assuming that the trend will hold at 66%. what is hard to understand?

we all know what happens when you assume...you make an ass out of u and me
shoutout to Mr.Savage, great math teacher. Stood on his head to teach us what a converse was

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
...extrapolate literally means to assume based on data. you are assuming that the trend will hold at 66%. what is hard to understand?

You should step back and ask yourself that same question.

Let me break it down for you again:
We have data right? It's a small shitty set. We get a number from that data, we make assumptions based on that real data. That's extrapolation. I already said we are being forced to do it, not that I prefer to because it meets my needs.

So what's your point again?

Let me bring this back on track.

Don't buy TPC turbos. It's safer to buy a EQT, Mamba, HPA, APR, Garrett.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Umm.. I said 6 turbos, 4 are bad is 66%. Did I say 60% of TPC turbos are definitely bad? No. I said I wouldn't be surprised if 60% were bad. And look, "randomly" we came upon that number. Huh.

I think you're making assumptions and injecting them as facts. We should stop. I'll agree to disagree with you.
We got just that number now to 9 with 4 bad since coryjo added to the list and you don’t know him so it’s perfect cause it just adds to your stance on bias/unbiased case study.

Devils advocate though… if that member coryjo referenced is sportymk7, it’s not really easy for us random outsiders looking in as he’s deep in the circle of TCP&sneeky 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Signed a person who’s Sneekytuned also - lol

Ps : where’s @railroader ? Not seen much from him lately but he s could be a source for some added numbers to extrapolate

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
We got just that number now to 9 with 4 bad since coryjo added to the list and you don’t know him so it’s perfect cause it just adds to your stance on bias/unbiased case study.

Devils advocate though… if that member coryjo referenced is sportymk7, it’s not really easy for us random outsiders looking in as he’s deep in the circle of TCP&sneeky 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Ps : where’s @railroader ? Not seen much from him lately but he s could be a source for some added numbers to extrapolate

Fair.. 44% failure rate.

Actually not sure it's fair, I'd maybe need to find a 2nd party on my end that personally knows failed TPCs? It's 2 people vs 1? That's not fair?

I'll bet one of them is sportymk7, and I'm glad you're the pointing that bias out.

Oh man.. calling Railroader. oof..

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
You should step back and ask yourself that same question.

Let me break it down for you again:
We have data right? It's a small shitty set. We get a number from that data, we make assumptions based on that real data. That's extrapolation. I already said we are being forced to do it, not that I prefer to because it meets my needs.

So what's your point again?

Let me bring this back on track.

Don't buy TPC turbos. It's safer to buy a EQT, Mamba, HPA, APR, Garrett.
If you have a small, shitty data set, you're better off not drawing conclusions, because your conclusions will be small, and equally shitty.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
If you have a small, shitty data set, you're better off not drawing conclusions, because your conclusions will be small, and equally shitty.
You're moving the goal post. I just want to point that out again. Just stop.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp

i forgot about gary, he also has a tpc 770. pete that he tuned. sporty.. my self.. im not using this as gospel, or concrete evidence, im just spitting out shit. but if the whole thread is based on speculation and no real data. then i offered my fair share of experience to refute..

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
You're moving the goal post. I just want to point that out again. Just stop.
Lmao I've been beating the same damn drum this entire time. Your data set is shit, it lacks any sort of the credibility needed to draw conclusions, or extrapolate. Thus, any conclusions or extrapolations attempted, are pretty well shit.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
i forgot about gary, he also has a tpc 770. pete that he tuned. sporty.. my self.. im not using this as gospel, or concrete evidence, im just spitting out shit. but if the whole thread is based on speculation and no real data. then i offered my fair share of experience to refute..
I appreciate the honest input. Gary doesn't count. He's a TPC vendor.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Lmao I've been beating the same damn drum this entire time. Your data set is shit, it lacks any sort of the credibility needed to draw conclusions, or extrapolate. Thus, any conclusions or extrapolations attempted, are pretty well shit.

What you're seeing here is confirmation bias. You this argument to go a certain way, so you keep injecting non facts and passing them as facts for yourself. I told you many times why the data set looks like that, you choose to ignore it. I told you many times why we are extrapolating, but you choose to ignore it. Confirmation bias.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

Now you know my post history, incase you wanna remind everyone. So I hold no bias. I been following sportymk7 since he had the red GTI TPC20, sleepy and Jessie builds. Also railroader.

And I have TPC38 for 3yrs. if you ask me, Right now which Turbo should people go with, its Vortex.

I'm gonna have another epic post for everyone so please join and make it as Epic as My last one. But it's gonna have to wait, cause I can't provide any info until what's going on is done.

But I believe @ZuMBLe. If you guys are debating numbers I can't confirm or deny that and neither can anyone else on here. But if he's saying people are messaging him and not posting I believe it. During my EQT post I had 8 different people message me with similar issues, but were to afraid to post cause of the wave of fan boys who would start to want a ridiculous amount of info just to try and deny the person.

I also believe the reason you don't know of more people its you guys aren't really talking to people about this Topic, but I am now. I can tell you it's more then the people posting here. People aren't in forums like that anymore, people are on TikTok or the gram. But anyway I still got my TPC38 Turbo and coming from me the EQT hater with a vendetta himself @ZuMBLe is right there are more people. For the numbers of % I don't know. But it could of been a bad batch and the more light we put on it hopefully the people with that batch can get it replaced. That's why people need to stop watering down the post about % and let this find the people who might have issues to come forward.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
What you're seeing here is confirmation bias. You this argument to go a certain way, so you keep injecting non facts and passing them as facts for yourself. I told you many times why the data set looks like that, you choose to ignore it. I told you many times why we are extrapolating, but you choose to ignore it. Confirmation bias.
Nice job! Have fun with your “conclusions”

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Lol at people new to the game and not knowing about tpc and trying to back them now.

I’m surprised TPC even gets brought up anymore.

People trying to defend a company when proof is provided, when you can get a Mamba for half the price which will just work.

Before someone decides to make chinese turbo comment, just save yourself the embarrassment and step away from the keyboard.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Looks like this thread has been moved to Off Topic. Kinda funny because this is a legit PSA. The mods don't care of people get suckered out of thousands of dollars. We'll be back in the regular forums once another one goes bad.