GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I promise I tried searching before posting

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Ok, I know this has definitely been covered in detail at some point but I cannot find it anywhere in search. I'm looking at going to a 225/45/18 (Blizzak ws90) winter tire set up on stock suspension. I have a strong feeling there should be no issues other than a slight speedo change but I'm looking to see if anyone had experience with this size tire and/or came across any problems. All responses are appreciated.

(Edited for clarity)
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yes i have ran that exact setup before on stock and modded suspension with zero issues. amazing tires. sure they are a hair taller but not enough to make a huge difference. i know in the mk6 you have an option to make adjustments in the speedo through the menu for winter tires actually. maybe an option in the 7 too.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
215/45/18 will also fit just fine on the stock Austins. They'll be right between the 225/40 and the 225/45 in terms of sidewall height, and the thinner 215 width will be better suited for cutting through snow and slush.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Thanks all for the information. Going with a 215 makes sense but unfortunately it seems to severely reduce my tire choices. Now I'm on the fence between the new WS90 or the or the X-ices but I don't think I can go wrong either way.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Went with the WS90s in 225/45/18. So far they feel great, fill the wheel wells up nicely, and make the car ride a bit smoother. Hopefully the experience with these remains a positive one. Thanks again to those who offered their advice. IMG_20191107_110232.jpgMVIMG_20191107_110225.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Went with the WS90s in 225/45/18. So far they feel great, fill the wheel wells up nicely, and make the car ride a bit smoother. Hopefully the experience with these remains a positive one. Thanks again to those who offered their advice. View attachment 29770View attachment 29771

Looks good! Also, really digging the mk7 front badge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk