GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hypercar versus Supercar?

bluvv04

Ready to race!
Well, I'm here at work with nothing much to do today, so I decided to cruise the forums. This is something i've been thinking about on my own, but saw this section for off-topic discussions and decided to ask my other dubber's what you guys think.

We all have a supercar or hypercar that we would love to have (or do have). I've noticed however a recent onslaught of hypercars (Koenigsegg Agera R, SSC Ultimate Aero and Tuatara, Hennessy Venom GT, etc). I personally dig the Agera R and Venom GT in that category. However, I can't shake the feeling of driving a "supercar" over a "hypercar". I guess I'd describe a supercar is obviously something less powerful and not as rare as a hypercar, but allows you to actually truly love the driving experience.

so what I am saying I guess for the sake of driving excitement, what would you rather "drive"? I know i'd love to own a Venom GT Spyder or Koeningsegg Agera R, but I think i'd prefer the driving excitement of the Rossion Q1. I guess im just thinking about having "too" much power lol. What do you guys think?

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
I guess if I could have anything, it would be a supercar. Porsche 911 turbo s, or a any ferrari.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think to truly enjoy a car it would have to be cheaper and more comfortable most super/hyper cars have way too many drawbacks and are mostly in for looks or horsepower braggery.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Putting literally 10 seconds of thought into my answer, I think a supercar would be much more able to handle a normal road, whereas a hypercar is pretty much going to live at a track or will be far less manageable to drive to work on a nice day.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
yeah I figured out that my favorite car that i'd love to own and drive would be the Rossion Q1. It's like an older ferrari (barebones-style luxury w/great performance). I mean, 0-60 in 3.1 sec, 1.1g's on skidpad, 450hp twin-turbo V6 (doesnt necessarily come with the car, so im pretty somebody would put in something different), i mean in my book you cant beat that (unless your talking about a GT-R or ZR1).

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I don't think there's much of a distinction in a practical sense for me. I wouldn't street/valet park or daily drive a Ferrari 458 or Aventador, just as I wouldn't a Zonda F or Veyron. But I'd have no issues driving a hypercar on the weekends, just as I would a supercar. Supercars and hypercars are both impractical cars, just different degrees of impractical (in my view).

bluvv04

Ready to race!
I don't think there's much of a distinction in a practical sense for me. I wouldn't street/valet park or daily drive a Ferrari 458 or Aventador, just as I wouldn't a Zonda F or Veyron. But I'd have no issues driving a hypercar on the weekends, just as I would a supercar. Supercars and hypercars are both impractical cars, just different degrees of impractical (in my view).

true true...I view hypercars as something like a trophy...drive it once in a while, rev it, get looks. supercars are similar in a sense, but something you actually "drive" if you car-nut. like the enthusiast who takes the ZR1 out and lays down times on the 1/4 mile, or takes a 911 out to the backroads for some spirited driving. but then again thats just me. I know if I owned a Ferrari or Porsche or GT-R, I would drive the hell out of the thing because I am a driver at heart. I'd be a little scared quite frankly in a Venom GT because of the raw power, exclusivity, and price of the thing. :D

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
true true...I view hypercars as something like a trophy...drive it once in a while, rev it, get looks. supercars are similar in a sense, but something you actually "drive" if you car-nut. like the enthusiast who takes the ZR1 out and lays down times on the 1/4 mile, or takes a 911 out to the backroads for some spirited driving. but then again thats just me. I know if I owned a Ferrari or Porsche or GT-R, I would drive the hell out of the thing because I am a driver at heart. I'd be a little scared quite frankly in a Venom GT because of the raw power, exclusivity, and price of the thing. :D

If I was filthy rich, I'd drive the hell out of a supercar as my daily and drive my hypercar on the weekends. :D But ain't going to happen unless I win the Mega Millions lotto...