GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Mirror caps are from eBay. Can be grabbed for less than 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I'm in need of an update so I thought I'd provide a general review of things up 'til now.

Adding another one of those fun before/after pics. Always nice to acknowledge the work you've put in and, save for springs and tune, I've done it all pretty much by myself thus far. Not bad for a rookie. I'd say the endlinks situation was my most tiring adventure. The sway bar was easier than expected but only hindered by, again, my lack of experience w endlinks.

My least favorite mod up until now has to be the headlights. Still not getting the right beam all the way level w the left. Minor but effectively annoying some of my perfectionist tendencies. Let's just say Electrical stuff is not my forte.

My favorite mod at this point would have to be the suspension tweaks. The VWR springs paired w the Hotchkis rear sway bar (and SuperPro endlinks) really livened up the handling. The APR tune is a close second. After all this, I'd say the easiest mod was the steering wheel inlays lol.

I've slowed down a bit on the modding but I'm expecting things to pick up by summer. Rieger front lip is next on the list. Clutch and stage 2 upgrades are on hold for the foreseeable future - this low output tune is working exceedingly well on the stock clutch (~10k miles tuned now). I'm also very happy w the power rn so there's no reason to mess w a good thing.

Alright that's all my ramblings for now. I always enjoy these before/after pics. My car from July to now:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Ordered this in gloss black today

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Good choice. Love mine

Thanks man. Ordered mine from Maxton directly, and they said its in stock so I should get it soon. Probably next week.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Good times w good folks at PSU Lehigh's 1st annual car show. Not very big yet, but had fun.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Good times w good folks at PSU Lehigh's 1st annual car show. Not very big yet, but had fun.

It was a nice spring day for doing car things. :)

I got to ride in a Mk7 GTI w/ DSG for the first time today. Last DSG I rode in was my own '12 Passat TDI. The current DSG blows that one away. Buttery smooth goodness.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

I got to ride in a Mk7 GTI w/ DSG for the first time today. Last DSG I rode in was my own '12 Passat TDI. The current DSG blows that one away. Buttery smooth goodness.

Sure was a nice day for it!

I'm a manual guy all the way but I can see the reasons why some would prefer the DSG.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Seriously. My mom has an 11 DSG CC, i've been driving it here and there since we got it in 2010, and I just got a MK7 DSG GTI and I am amazed by how much better the MK7's DSG is. Especially considering that I already loved the CC's DSG, it's crazy to me how much better the new one is. The funny thing is that the MK7's DSG has shiftier programming than the CC's.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
New order. Going to give this one a shot. Flag badge just wasn't doing it for me.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Arrived <3

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
[emoji106]

_baz

Ready to race!
As I said on insta - looks great man ! I bet it was loads easier with the bumper off, I had a right game fitting it from underneath with one trolley jack [emoji23]

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
As I said on insta - looks great man ! I bet it was loads easier with the bumper off, I had a right game fitting it from underneath with one trolley jack [emoji23]

Haha I can't imagine. I just took it off to avoid the headache, but getting that bumper on/off solo is a tough job.
I also used like half the bolts. The amount seemed excessive to me. I also used some 3M tape. I wanted to do an in depth install guide Bc there's nothing out there at all but I had to hurry w this one.

_baz

Ready to race!
I ended up buying some self tapping screws and taping the lip in place whilst I fitted. I think I'll take off the bumper next time