GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the jack pads from the Audi A3 (2013->)

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Finally got around to fitting these, only been on the bench a month or so🤔

is there a bung or fixing that goes through the jack socket to the trim?
There’s a hole in each that lines up with each other looking like there should be a fixing.
(not the torx screw)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Nope...I think its just a vent hole..

PeterV

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5
P
I went a different route, but that base plate seems to work just as well. For the fronts I went with just the grommet combo - 8N0804583 and 8N0803855 - and added the the new splash shields with cutouts- 8V0825271 and 8V0825272. Here's a pick of that front setup.

Edit: Updated smaller picture.
i know this is a reply on a very old post, but here it goes... 😅 if you take this route, using the grommet combo, can you lift on the this Jack pad insert 8N0803855, or do you need the reverse Logic jack pad?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
is there a bung or fixing that goes through the jack socket to the trim?
There’s a hole in each that lines up with each other looking like there should be a fixing.

My initial reply was right & wrong...the ETKA diagrams for these parts do not show & state any other fixings for the front jack pads...however:-

You will notice that your existing large side cover has two recesses with holes for fit the standard VAG "speednut", or Z clip. These holes align with the holes in the new Audi short cover (Item No.17). Place a speed nut in each recess & use the black trim screw/bolts to secure Item No. 17 to the existing large tray. You will also notice that there is a hole in item no. 21 which aligns with a hole in Item No.17. Place one of the plastic spreader rivets in here. this stops the jack pad (Item No. 21) from rotating.

I have amended the parts list & fitting guide & also placed a new photo showing the additional fixings. Please note that I didn't use the VAG screws, but my own black dyed stainless steel screws/washers (this will be another how to guide).

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Minor update, is anyone able to source 8V0804631 still? It seems like it has been discontinued.

edit: can anyone confirm the 8V0804631B is the new part? Audi Canada parts site has this as a supersession?

1636553244324.png

Last edited:

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Minor update, is anyone able to source 8V0804631 still? It seems like it has been discontinued.

edit: can anyone confirm the 8V0804631B is the new part? Audi Canada parts site has this as a supersession?

View attachment 230144

Can confirm B is the correct supersession, parts fitted.

Didn't notice anything to clip on the two Z speed clips on my car however, but I will have to run down to the dealers for two plastic spreader rivets to secure the jack sockets (plastic parts over the two front rubber bungs).

Johaan

Ready to race!
Know it’s old, but this was a helpful guide. All the parts are still available at e-acca, cost me about $130 with fed ex shipping. Took 3 weeks to get.

Photo below of my parts and tools pre- install (except jack to send the cover home, and grease). Didn’t need to put it on ramp, only hitch was stabbing my finger with a pick.

I especially liked having the easy rivet and screws to cleanly finish it. Good stuff.

E9A290DA-0C96-4AF6-8405-69C4AB4F8265.jpeg