GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How does YOUR car look with the winter and summer wheels?

mk7norway

Ready to race!
Winter alloys is 15" (195-65-15) and summer is 19" (235-35-19)!! LOVE the summer wheels. They are from the Audi S5 !!

Post a picture from your car with the different wheels on! :)

Attachments

• image(1).jpeg
    image(1).jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 9,953
  • image(2).jpeg
    image(2).jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 19,799

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
Not as posh as yours.... but last year we had a proper winter...... this year I didn't drive on a drop of snow, so a bit of a waste of time fitting these.

But they did keep my alloys fresh and saved some rubber. Bought the steel wheels on ebay and picked up cheap trims there too.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

mk7norway

Ready to race!
they look very nice! I like them!! I hate my winter tiers, but we have so much snow that I need good tiers. I driver with spiked nokian hakkapeliitta 8 tiers. They are sick on snow and ice!!

The summer tiers are from Vredestein. Top model! :) Got them with the wheels from the store:)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Summer tyres:

On delivery day - VW 16" Perth Alloys, Continental ComtiPremiumContact 5s

Winter tyres:

Borbet CC Silver alloys Continental WinterContact TS850

Guess it's time to change back to the Summer tyres again.

W

WildChild

Winter alloys is 15" (195-65-15) and summer is 19" (235-35-19)!! LOVE the summer wheels. They are from the Audi S5 !!

Post a picture from your car with the different wheels on! :)
Are your winter wheels the Aspen?

I added them in 16" size to my MK7 order for winter wheels. For summer, I will have the Toronto wheels that come with the Canadian Comfortline. The same as in this post: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30313&postcount=1

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Haha snaptag i was about to post the exact same thing :D

iHayoona

Ready to race!
Hahaha, yeah we don't have winter around here, but can someone be a doll and tell me how important winter wheels are, where there is winter?

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hahaha, yeah we don't have winter around here, but can someone be a doll and tell me how important winter wheels are, where there is winter?

You can google about winter tyres and their benefits but for winter wheels you will often find that the salt used on the roads quickly ruins the finish on any polished faced alloy wheels once the lacquer has been holed (even a microscopic hole) by a stone or kerb or whatever.
So you will find that officially endorsed winter wheels will generally be fully painted and not have polished alloy sections so they are more durable.
Also a lot of people don't want the hassle of fitting the winter tyres to their normal wheels so will have a spare and often cheaper and smaller diameter set they keep as winter wheels in storage in the summer and vice versa in spring and summer.
So convenience basically, added to durability of finish.

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
You can google about winter tyres and their benefits but for winter wheels you will often find that the salt used on the roads quickly ruins the finish on any polished faced alloy wheels once the lacquer has been holed (even a microscopic hole) by a stone or kerb or whatever.
So you will find that officially endorsed winter wheels will generally be fully painted and not have polished alloy sections so they are more durable.
Also a lot of people don't want the hassle of fitting the winter tyres to their normal wheels so will have a spare and often cheaper and smaller diameter set they keep as winter wheels in storage in the summer and vice versa in spring and summer.

bingo.

iHayoona

Ready to race!

Great explanation, thank you