GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Mileage Champ- Anyone over 100,000 or 200,000

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
34k here and it's only needed a new Svetzer valve and a set of 30 weight ball bearings.

ganthore

Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
I'm driving a 2016 GTI Autobahn with 39k on the engine. I hope one day to get this baby well over 150K.

Attachments

• 272791189_10166025023590298_4187048036108731719_n.jpg
    272791189_10166025023590298_4187048036108731719_n.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 67

MBWest

Car(s)
Alltrack
My '19 Sportwagen (bought new July 2019) got up to 152,916 miles when a well disguised rock completely destroyed the underside of the car. The rock was just barely too big as the front bumper only had one small crack on the very bottom. Despite my pleas my insurance company totaled it by a mere $190. I had zero mechanical failures and the only problem was a couple electronic issues.

Have a deposit on an Alltrack that I should be getting later this week.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My '19 Sportwagen (bought new July 2019) got up to 152,916 miles when a well disguised rock completely destroyed the underside of the car. The rock was just barely too big as the front bumper only had one small crack on the very bottom. Despite my pleas my insurance company totaled it by a mere $190. I had zero mechanical failures and the only problem was a couple electronic issues.

Have a deposit on an Alltrack that I should be getting later this week.
You put 76K miles a year on it?! Is your job driving from New York to L.A. in a constant loop?

MBWest

Car(s)
Alltrack
You put 76K miles a year on it?! Is your job driving from New York to L.A. in a constant loop?

Believe it or not, I didn't drive it at all for work and I have a work truck. I had many days when I drove over 1,000 miles and around 5 days of 1,500 miles or more (record is 1,741 miles in about 26 hours). I crisscross the western half of the US and with the high speed limits and wide open spaces, it wasn't too hard to pile on the miles. If gas keeps getting more expensive I don't think I'll be driving 70k+ this year!

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Believe it or not, I didn't drive it at all for work and I have a work truck. I had many days when I drove over 1,000 miles and around 5 days of 1,500 miles or more (record is 1,741 miles in about 26 hours). I crisscross the western half of the US and with the high speed limits and wide open spaces, it wasn't too hard to pile on the miles. If gas keeps getting more expensive I don't think I'll be driving 70k+ this year!
Lol Your last sentence hurts more than you think.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Interested to see what major things have come up with other high-mileage owners. Will be rolling over 200,000km on mine this month.
  • 1 Previous owner, I bought it with 91k miles. 12-year corrosion warranty has replaced my driver's door and tailgate. (Ontario)
  • 109k miles - Wastegate repaired, thermostat and water pump replaced.
  • 111k miles - DSG service, previous records show this was also done at 121,000km.
  • 113k miles - HVAC motor malfunction. Still blows cold and hot air only works on the driver's side and takes like 20 minutes to heat up.. Big job to get fixed but can live without it for now.
  • 114k miles - Battery and voltage checked (new battery at 67k miles). Plugs and coil boots replaced.
  • 120k miles - Carbon cleaned.
  • 126k miles - Replaced PCV valve.
Ashamed it took like 35k miles but finally sitting in a place now where I know what has been done and what needs to be done. Installing like-new PP front calipers and redoing all the pads/rotors at the same time next month. Only unknown is a carbon clean.. which will come after the brakes. Had a crazy misfire on startup two weeks ago with no dashboard lights or codes, but hasn't happened since. No clue if it's ever been done and that's my only worry.

Edited to miles for my guy @JC_451. Regarding the initial thread post, someone mentioned it's all relative which I think is true.. for me it's a cash flow exercise. Doesn't make sense yet to go back to car payments, especially at these prices. I can handle the repairs every few months while slowly putting more away for new or at the very least a new engine. I feel like what I paid for this car won't get me close to anything as fun as this in today's market.

Last edited: