GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help on clarification!!

dluvbell

Ready to race!
Hey guys. I asked the dealerships if the countdown incentive is an extra discount on top of what they offer.

I was told that whoever received that discount before only received that discount, nothing else.
Also was told that if I lock that discount on the website, it goes to VW canada and further discount is uncertain.....

I will be finding out tomorrow, but I want to be prepared for BATTLE before I walk in. If you guy can help me out please clarify this for me.

I asked the VW canada by phone and I was told the loyalty discount and countdown discounts are discounts from manufacturer, which means that the dealership will be reimbursed from VW canada. I have the name of the person I talked to on the phone from VW canada and the extension number.

Which one is correct? I think VW canada is, not the dealerships...

b.rock1

I'm almost certain that VW Canada is correct, and that the dealer is simply trying to get out of any further haggling or discounting. I would suggest trying another dealer.

dluvbell

Ready to race!
Thanks guys

I will walk into them on Saturday and will walk out if they don't give me what I want.

I don't mind driving the current car. It is just the newer one is better and that is why I want to get it.

Thanks guys!

CdnX

Ready to race!
The countdown credit is direct from VW NA and is returned to the dealer by VW, or so I was told by the dealer in Ottawa. I'll be dropping off my $200 credit to the dealer today.

There are a lot of numbers they like to toss around just keep an eye on the bottom line and eliminate the little add ons they love to toss in like etching and adding $ to the freight and PDI charge or the admin fee. Keep in mind that they are not stocking these cars on their lots so it's going to be hard to squeeze them to hard for any significant savings. Some one posted another thread that they used a broker to get a good price, worth checking into.

dluvbell

Ready to race!
The countdown credit is direct from VW NA and is returned to the dealer by VW, or so I was told by the dealer in Ottawa. I'll be dropping off my $200 credit to the dealer today.

There are a lot of numbers they like to toss around just keep an eye on the bottom line and eliminate the little add ons they love to toss in like etching and adding $ to the freight and PDI charge or the admin fee. Keep in mind that they are not stocking these cars on their lots so it's going to be hard to squeeze them to hard for any significant savings. Some one posted another thread that they used a broker to get a good price, worth checking into.

Yeah those extra little add ons can add up to a big number. So I am ready to walk out if they try to trick me and not giving me the amount I want.

Thanks!!

Black Pearl

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah those extra little add ons can add up to a big number. So I am ready to walk out if they try to trick me and not giving me the amount I want.

Thanks!!

I received the $500 VW loyalty discount and $300 discount from the "Countdown to a GTI". This shouldn't be an issue.

ohboy

I'm the one from the other post that used a broker. Got $3000 under msrp and only 800 above dealer invoice. They said I can put the countdown amount to either an option or my monthly payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
The countdown and loyalty are VW offers, the dealership will get reimbursed for them.

That being said, dealerships in my city are having no problem selling GTI's at full price. If someone came in asking for 3 grand off I would be very quick in saying "no". If you don't want to pay full price I can easily find someone who does.

Black Pearl

Passed Driver's Ed
On top of discounts a dealership offered?

Yes...on top of additional negotiated discounts. These, as far as I understand, are discounts that VW reimburses the dealer for. Other discounts are what you negotiate off MSRP and are what the dealer is willing to take off their mark up. I had no issues applying them. In fact, my dealer told me about the $500 VW loyalty and directed me to the "Countdown to a GTI" site. Maybe you need to go to a different dealer.