GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello, planning on being a new 2017 Golf mk7 owner

Rabid Skunk

As the title says planning on buying one soon to replace my aged RAV4. Tell me what I'm in for. The mk7 isn't as problematic has I've read the mk5 was is it? And this will be the first time in 30 years I've owned VW, had a mk1 way back then.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Leaps and bounds nicer (interior materials, design, and fit/finish), quicker, more efficient, smoother (suspension/vibration), and nimble than your Rav4.

Maintenance will be more expensive, although not much worse.

your car may or may not develop various rattles, if you get a sunroof equipped model your car may or may not experience leakage into the headliner, for which there is a TSB out (so, if you get a sunroof equipped car, get thr TSB taken care of as part of PDI if possible)... i don't know of any other specific common issues. Anything else would be a chance failure, not a common defect/design flaw.

They're great cars. You've made a good choice, I'm sure you will not regret it.

Rabid Skunk

Thank you for responding. I just got my Mk7 today, drove right home and am going over the manual for some of it's features. They showed me a lot of them, but I'll need to remind myself. No sun roof, it's just a normal Golf S manual 5 speed. I just have another question, what is the break in period for these cars?

I got the gold level warranttee, sure it was a bigger price. But it just means at the most as long as nothing really goes bad which should be unlikely, all I'll likely have to pay for is the gas and car washes for the next few years or 30,000 miles. Maybe some parts that aren't covered because of normal wear. But day one and I'm so loving this.
My first VW in 25 or 30 years. I've owned 2 beetles and a rabbit when I was younger, used of course. But with my new Mk7 Golf, I feel like I've come home again.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
It's a great car. Hope you enjoy it! Only issues I've had are two recalls and the drivers window switch bank (lately) has been wigging out. Will keep an eye on it.

AKF427

Ready to race!
It's a great car. Hope you enjoy it! Only issues I've had are two recalls and the drivers window switch bank (lately) has been wigging out. Will keep an eye on it.

I got same problem. Driver window switch total failure @ 4,800 miles & 8 months. I've got a 2dr so its "Going to take a few days for the new switch".

But, aside from that it's been flawless (knocking on wood). Clueless as to why VW is perceived as issue prone circa 2017, its not.