GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI's on highway often trying to get me to race...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you saw my wife driving our gti I highly doubt she'd buy into a street race, but who knows. If I'm lucky sometimes I'll hear her getting on it leaving or rev matching coming back to our house (she won't admit she gets on it, but I think it's awesome haha)

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I don't know - maybe it's just the area where I drive (Mass Pike) but I haven't really seen many aggressive drivers that want to race. Maybe because it's during commuting hours so most folks are probably on conference calls or finishing up reading the newspaper - who knows.

In contrast, commute hours is when every a** hole comes out here lol. Priuses think they're in Teslas on ludicrous mode

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
In contrast, commute hours is when every a** hole comes out here lol. Priuses think they're in Teslas on ludicrous mode

Almost got taken out today by a new Prius that decided to try and lane change into me with no signal. Then they swerved away at the last second, got behind me and then changed lanes again with no signal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
In the mean time I think I'm definitely going to get some type of government related sticker for the car, and hopefully that will quell the aggressive driving.

You can also try the opposite end of the spectrum by getting a Student Driver sticker. No one will want to go near you.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I dodged a Jeep Liberty last winter coming at me 60mph backwards across a black ice covered bridge. It hit the Prius I accelerated away from and both cars blew apart...in talking plastic shit EVERYWHERE. Needless to say the Prius driver probably wished he had 300whp like me to get outta there

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
You can also try the opposite end of the spectrum by getting a Student Driver sticker. No one will want to go near you.

lol.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'll pick a fight with anything that looks fun...unless i know it's going to be a very one sided race.

I'm not a dumbass about it, however.

If a carbon steel Sport with a Unitronic sticker on the back window is messing with you, it's me.

Last edited:

blanders

I've done exactly what you're talking about... spotted an R up ahead on the highway and came up fast to make sure they saw me in my GTI S. The guy in the R responded by stepping on it and tearing off. Made my day. But I didn't try to race, cause that would be dangerous where we were and well, pointless.
I'm in my mid 40s. I'd like to have an R but can't justify spending that much.
I'd do it again. It wasn't about racing for me, about appreciating seeing that car move.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
NYPD sticker idea is brilliant. For some reason, more often than not, it's big trucks that want to race me. Some of the ones with turbos are pretty damn fast off the line. Likely a midwest thing, LOL. Most women are smarter than men when it comes to risking a ticket...they must have more highly evolved front lobes!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
NYPD sticker idea is brilliant. For some reason, more often than not, it's big trucks that want to race me. Some of the ones with turbos are pretty damn fast off the line. Likely a midwest thing, LOL. Most women are smarter than men when it comes to risking a ticket...they must have more highly evolved front lobes!

Definitely more common in the midwest, but happens around here with slow ones.

I've destroyed a couple of idiots in bro-dozers. Seems like all the serious diesels are in the midwest and south.

I don't know of any around here that have more than an exhaust and a programmer.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So why won't any R drivers race? Or not even race, just get on it.

All the R drivers around here should be in a diesel golf the way they drive.
Yesterday, dusk. Completely empty highway. Can see for miles. I see the Golf lights up ahead. Not sure if it's a1.8,GTI or R but I'm like a moth to light. He's doing the speed limit. I get on it to catch up (it's a Lapiz Blue R) and slow down next to him. Punch the throttle a couple of times. No reaction. I just move on. Would have been nice to see, but oh well.

I'll prompt other cars to try to get them to go especially zl1, v's, zo6, R, M's etc. Not about racing. I'm going to lose. Just want to see/hear them go for it.

hschan711

Passed Driver's Ed
I've done exactly what you're talking about... spotted an R up ahead on the highway and came up fast to make sure they saw me in my GTI S. The guy in the R responded by stepping on it and tearing off. Made my day. But I didn't try to race, cause that would be dangerous where we were and well, pointless.
I'm in my mid 40s. I'd like to have an R but can't justify spending that much.
I'd do it again. It wasn't about racing for me, about appreciating seeing that car move.
Just wondering was this Friday night around 8:20 on I95?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

hschan711

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha kind of wanted to apologize to whomever it was behind me. Was in a rush so I couldn't stay with them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk