GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

copperbricks

Ready to race!
Hey all, I could use some help working out my headlights
I bought my Golf R used from carmax and it seems like the previous owner monkeyed around a little with the settings and managed to disable all the AFS features.
Whenever I try to apply any coding to module 55 (headlights module) I get error 22 conditions not met. (This was done with accessories on, engine off and headlights on)
I suspect this is due to the module not being coded- my long coding reads it as all zeros, even the part for the vehicle type. However trying to change the vehicle type to golf also results in that error.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

here's a screenshot of my long coding and what it should look like
https://imgur.com/a/2Am2t

mrrogers1

I bought my Golf R used from carmax and it seems like the previous owner monkeyed around a little with the settings and managed to disable all the AFS features.
Whenever I try to apply any coding to module 55 (headlights module) I get error 22 conditions not met. (This was done with accessories on, engine off and headlights on)
I suspect this is due to the module not being coded- my long coding reads it as all zeros, even the part for the vehicle type. However trying to change the vehicle type to golf also results in that error.

Personally, I'd reset ALL the settings to stock and start over. There could be other changes they made that you'll have to find the hard way. Start over, do it how you want.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^ hmm........ don't turn-on your headlights (switch should be in the "0" position).

The code-string on your 55 module is very odd - but the more interesting question is what is the code string values for your BCM? In particular, what are the values for Byte 2, bits 0-2?

The decoding values are like this:
Halogen=hex0
Halogen_main_beam_assist=hex1
Xenon_AFS=hex2,
Xenon_AFS_and_main_beam_assist=hex3
Bi-xenon_AFS=hex4
Bi-xenon_AFS_and_main_beam_assist=hex5
Bi-xenon_AFS_and_MDF_GLW= hex6

Also, are there any DTCs on your auto-scan? If so, please share!
Don

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I bought and installed these buttons in my GTI, is there any way to make the "SET" button work?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone, trying to get my LED DRL's to remain at full brightness when I pull the switch for fogs. I would also like this to work in auto mode if possible.

I basically only want the LED DRL to dim when the low beam headlight comes on.

Is this possible?

Thanks!!

copperbricks

Ready to race!

To provide some resolution for anyone else with the same issue, I had resolved to take my car to the dealer to have it looked at when Carmax programmed a second key for my car and seemed to zero out even more modules, resulting in a christmas tree on my dashboard. I caved and took it to my trusted VW mechanics and they were able to reset everything back to stock using a VW tool called ODIS.

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry if it's been covered but I'm doing an hid retrofit into the halogen mk7 gti and want to put some led h15 in for drl/hi beams. Going to paint the dishes black so output isnt my goal. Any coding suggestions for an anticipated light out error?

Ready to race!
Hi, I discovered this mod in the SEAT Leon 5F forums but I would imagine it's there for the MK7 as well but I don't think I've seen mention of it so far (or my search is broken...). Do we know anything if it's available for our cars and if it works indeed? Non-linear throttle has always been something I noticed in this and other VAG cars in the past and if this thing addresses it will be a mostly welcome change:

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value
going to try this. i hope it works well on the dsg's.

Ready to race!
Using the latest beta software, I was able to do it. It's very similar to option II at http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17328 , but I don't think it was called [55]Xenon Range, but instead it was [55]Headlight Aim Control.

From that link:

1. Using VCDS(vag-com)
  2. Make sure you're on a level surface.
  3. Click Select Controller
  4. Go to 55 - (Headlight Aim Control)
  5. Go to Basic Settings - 04
  6. Then in the drop down list, select the adaptation/adjustment option (its the only one in the drop down).
  7. Then click the ON/OFF/NEXT button.

is it possible to set the level manually in vcds. i like to set it to how high or low i see fit for my preference. so is there a way to set it to a specific value and it lowers or raises the light according to the number value i input?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
To provide some resolution for anyone else with the same issue, I had resolved to take my car to the dealer to have it looked at when Carmax programmed a second key for my car and seemed to zero out even more modules, resulting in a christmas tree on my dashboard. I caved and took it to my trusted VW mechanics and they were able to reset everything back to stock using a VW tool called ODIS.

So you thought Carmax has proprietary VW equipment? Their cars are, in my humble opinion, overpriced crap. Since it's obvious you don't know anything about VW's why didn't you buy a CPO car from a VW dealer?

copperbricks

Ready to race!
So you thought Carmax has proprietary VW equipment? Their cars are, in my humble opinion, overpriced crap. Since it's obvious you don't know anything about VW's why didn't you buy a CPO car from a VW dealer?

No need to be hostile man, my family has owned VAG products since 2003 with a B5.5 Passat. Carmax insisted on programming me a second key rather than taking it to a VW dealer and having it done, which I would have preferred.
And yes their cars are a little above market price but I was able to find the exact spec of R I wanted with low miles and have it shipped to me, hassle free. That convenience is worth something to me.

Last edited:

amgtorre

Passed Driver's Ed
start/stop voltage limit

Shortly after buying my 2016 GTI I disabled the start/stop by changing the start/stop voltage limit in the Can gateway controller, the originally stored values is 7.6 I changed it to 12.1 per a guide I found somewhere ....

all is well for 2 yrs ...

I have a car parked 6 of the 7 days of the week and the battery needed to be charged , while charging the battery in the GTI while driving it I was monitoring the voltage and was surprised to see the following:
Idle and coasting voltage was 13.8V
Accelerating voltage was 12.2V (why so low ?)
GTI battery voltage 11.9V (this is way low and I fear I'll need a new battery very soon)

What the hell? Checked my wife's car battery and it was a healthy 12.6V , why is the GTI charging at such a low voltage when pressing the accelerator ? After thinking a bit I remembered the change in the voltage for the start/stop, so I reset it back to 7.6V

Drove again after the change, the voltages in the GTI were:
Idle and coasting voltage was 14.8V
Accelerating voltage was 13.7V
GTI battery voltage 12.2V , I hope it keeps recovering and lasts a little longer with normal charging voltages

This is just my opinion and I can't understand why changing the start stop voltage limit will affect the charging voltage or if my car or battery have a problem, but the difference was very clear, so, if you changed the voltage limit to disable the start stop, it would be nice if you can check your battery voltage , with the engine off it should be above 12.5V

and in the mean time I'll keep pressing the button to disable the start stop