GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 Chinese infotainment system blank squares

Adam Abu Toamy

Car(s)
Vw olf Mk7 2013 1.4t
Hi, i have golf mk7 discover pro Chinese firmware
Is there is any way i can add a language package to a Chinese firmware so i cant get rid of the blank squares on music and contacts names?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_081608_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_081608_Chrome.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 22

Adam Abu Toamy

Car(s)
Vw olf Mk7 2013 1.4t
which part number do you have and which region do you live in?
MST2_CN_VW_P0972D
I live in Israel
I've retrofited a discover pro mib2 9.2inch screen and headunit
It came just with English and Chinese language
I have no problem to leave the system in English but i want to fix this blank squares
I have contacts and music names in arabic and hebrew and the screen displays them like this

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
MST2_CN_VW_P0972D
The unit you have is technically one of the 'special' MIB2 standard (Discover Media) Chinese market variants. MIB2 Discover Pro software trains start with MHI2 rather than MST2. As far as adding language packs, I am not sure if that can be done with the Chinese market MIB2 standard, but maybe someone else is more familiar with those units.

Last edited:

Adam Abu Toamy

Car(s)
Vw olf Mk7 2013 1.4t
The unit you have is technically one of the 'special' MIB2 standard (Discover Media) Chinese market variants. MIB2 Discover Pro software trains start with MHI2 rather than MST2. As far as adding language packs, I am not sure if that can be done with the Chinese market MIB2 standard, but maybe someone else is more familiar with those units.
If i want to try adding language pack what i need?
I've read about vcp and zdc but i didn't understand what all this
I can get my hand on vcp software but what to do then? Where to get the language pack? How to put it into the system?