GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI Sport brakes

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Not sure where you are getting this, it could be that you are not taking the caliper carrier price into consideration. Per the ECS tuning site, I am seeing $255 for each caliper plus $178 for each carrier so that is $866 for calipers and that does not include rotors, splash shields and pads which is going to be another $300. https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII--2.0T_Gen3/Braking/Caliper/

I did my fronts on a budget and was able to do it for $606. I purchased a set of used PP calipers with carriers for $310, $170 for Zimmerman rotors, $60 for pads, and $65 for shields. So you may be able to approach that price if you buy a used set of rotors and catch a deal, but from ECS, new, no.

George you might need to start over and reread everything. Nobody was talking about upgrading to PP brakes. I probably should have written my post better - everything you need to "maintain" the pads/rotors on a PP equipped car.

I hope the OP went with the PP option. This is probably the first car that I wasn't worried about upgrading the brakes on as they work so well. I love being able to stop on a dime and not feel any fade in my spirited daily driving. Only thing I'd want to change is the amount of DUST - will probably go with a different pad myself at some point as long as it decreases dust and still brakes as well as stock.

leo

Ready to race!
For those GTI PP owners, have you compared both PP and non PP brakes? Is there a day and night difference?

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far, but it's noticeable. I'm with Celeritas and I'm too under
the impression that PP brakes are easier to apply. I'm convinced that's not so
much due to the bigger rotors but more due to the bigger calipers and pads.