GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GT dash swap black with chrome?

SLYP

Checked out the new MK7 1.4 GT at the weekend, very nice but have a slight niggle with it! I prefer the nice brushed chrome on the dash of the SE model to the glossy piano black on the GT model. Am I the only one?

Does anyone know if you can get the GT with chrome dash?

ellie43

You are not the only one! I much preferred the brushed chrome (one of the reasons I went with the SE)
Perhaps if it were matt black it might appeal more ....

marvin1

Ready to race!
I am in two minds about this, you know. Initially I loved the GT fascia and found the SE fascia a bit garish from the photos but in reality it's quite nice but not as nice as the fascia in my current SE Golf.

I think the area of brushed metal in the new car is too much and could do with toning down a bit. I would have been quite pleased if there was an option on fascia material, to be honest.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Wait for the GTI, best of both??

Yes, but these models keep on getting dearer and dearer to absurd levels. Anyway, the GT is now out of my consideration as it has, as standard, horrible tinted rear glazing.
As a private purchaser I am not forking out £23k+of my pensioner's savings on a car that only does about 100 miles/week.

paddypool

Ready to race!
Checked out the new MK7 1.4 GT at the weekend, very nice but have a slight niggle with it! I prefer the nice brushed chrome on the dash of the SE model to the glossy piano black on the GT model. Am I the only one?

Does anyone know if you can get the GT with chrome dash?

HATE the piano finish too..makes the centre console look sparce & blank, not to mention the fingerprints..the piano black finish is arounf my radio & the garge scratched loads of it trying to get the factory bluetooth problem working:mad:
I'm in the process of ordering my mk 7 Hi-line (GT in UK?) with extras & VW won't accomodate me & swap the trims from the comfortline (below the hi-line) into the hi-line i want...it couldn't be that big of a job for them to do in the factory ! but i guess if there were many more like me they'd lose alot of time swapping & changing stuff...

Boost1

Ready to race!
For the first few days I loved the sophisticated smokey brushed metal finish in my SE, but now I see it more as a boring grey and find it a bit naff that it is plastic trying to look like metal. I have not seen in person it but maybe the silvery brushed metal finish in the entry level S is actually the best!

marvin1

Ready to race!
For the first few days I loved the sophisticated smokey brushed metal finish in my SE, but now I see it more as a boring grey and find it a bit naff that it is plastic trying to look like metal. I have not seen in person it but maybe the silvery brushed metal finish in the entry level S is actually the best!

I must check my new brochure to see how the S and SE compare, then.

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
will have to have a look at all the finishes. The trim in the GTi somehow looks like fake CF to me, although pretty sure it's not meant to.

CEBER

Passed Driver's Ed
Weird i should see this thread because i notice on the vw configurator that the gt dash for the 5 door has changed to brushed around the media centre. Not sure if this a website error but am glad that mine is piano black cos i love it.!!!

marvin1

Ready to race!
I have seen the SE in the flesh, so to speak and I think that it looks quite classy but think that VW could have tried harder, nevertheless.
I know that I criticise Audi for offering too many variations in configuring their cars but a little more choice with the Golf interior would be nice.

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
I have the GT. I haven't seen the brushed finish on the SE as yet, but had it in a previous Audi and really liked it.

I must admit, when ordering the GT I was unsure about the glossy finish. I thought it would show fingerprints easily and had already decided it would annoy me.

Had the car 2 months and 2500 miles now and it in no way bothers me. I keep a micro fibre cloth in the side pocket and as with all my previous cars, give it a little wipe a couple of times a week, when stationary. The dash is not dusty and the finish on the dash looks good.

In short..... I thought it would niggle me.... But it doesn't.