GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7R CJXC white smoke on deceleration

Malish

Car(s)
Golf 7R DSG
Hello guys,

I am having a problem with my R. Its 2014y eu spec dsg stage 1 unitronic. I know it is pretty popular problem, but I cannot find the solution.

It started few days ago. I was driving 3-4 gears floored and when I released the gas I saw a cloud of rather bright smoke. The oil temperature is fine, oil is in level such as antifreeze (which looks ok). I changed PCV for the newest one BM, but nothing has changed. When I floor it 0-100 there is no smoke. I must drive hard for a pretty long time with high speed and after that release the gas pedal.

Engine seems to work really fine, has its full power for sure. There is no smoke when its cold on idle, neither when warm/hot. I've seen some posts about smoke which can happen while hard break or while turning on track, but I get it on straight driving when overrun.

Also my friend with tuned R has the same problem, he changed turbo but there is no improvement. The other guy has had his engine rebulit in S3, still the same issue. It looks like a pretty common problem in EA888 gen 3. A friend from the other R removed his pcv pipe and put it into the bottle, but nothing has changed.

I was wondering about turbo seals, but I guess it should also smoke when accelerating? Valve steam seals should cause a smoke when starting a car after night, which my car (and the other 2 friends) doesn't do.

Do you have any other ideas?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
White is water vapor. Blue is oil, which can manifest itself on decel. I would pressure test the cooling system and do an engine compression test. They're the gold standard.