GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gloss Black Wheel Cleaner

njavier03

Ready to race!
I was wondering what YOU guys use to clean gloss black wheels. I was thinking about using a combination of CarPro Iron X and Adam's Wheel Cleaner, but I'm open to better options/methods!

kch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R DSG; 15 BRZ s.b
Gloss black is always a pain. IronX will help with the rusty/dusty business. Any decent soap afterwards will be fine (I use Ammo Brute). A ceramic coating or other sealant will help make future cleanings a bit easier.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Soap and water. I only use wheel cleaner on neglected wheels with caked on brake dust. Just stay on top of it and it won't give you a hard time.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Currently, I use Adam’s Car Shampoo and Chemical Guys Diablo. I haven’t had any issues yet, but I like trying different products, so thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I tried different wheel cleaners but all of them requires some agitation so ended up just using car shampoo, boar's hair brush, and MF wand. I just use Griot's CarWash shampoo.

The best thing you can get for your wheels upkeep are some iSweep pads for street, imho. Extremely little dust, no rattle like frequent aftermarket pads out there.

Navi

Autocross Champion
5 parts water?

yeah i think he means diluted 1:5

Currently, I use Adam’s Car Shampoo and Chemical Guys Diablo. I haven’t had any issues yet, but I like trying different products, so thanks for the recommendations.

don't get sucked into the adams or chemical guys trap. There are much better products out there. MUCH better. Meguiar's professional line, P21S, Gyeon, CarPro, gtechniq. One of the best wheel cleaners i have used was Sonax. I just couldn't get over the smell of it. But it works really well and isn't that expensive if you buy the larger jug.

SRoads

Ready to race!
yeah i think he means diluted 1:5

don't get sucked into the adams or chemical guys trap. There are much better products out there. MUCH better. Meguiar's professional line, P21S, Gyeon, CarPro, gtechniq. One of the best wheel cleaners i have used was Sonax. I just couldn't get over the smell of it. But it works really well and isn't that expensive if you buy the larger jug.

Chemical Guys is just a marketing company...that happens to "make" detailing products.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Chemical Guys is just a marketing company...that happens to "make" detailing products.

exactly. I was full on in detailing when I was in undergrad, with a heated garage using professional products. No one knew what adams or chemical guys was. They came out of left field recently and market the shit out of themselves and everyone has fallen into their scheme lol. I've used a bunch of their stuff and none of it is spectacular. I would say average at best.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Meh, I’ve gotten good results from their products, but I’m also not one to try 20 different shampoos. I’ve used Meguiar’s, Adam’s, Turtle Wax, Sonax, Lucas Oil, CG, and a couple others for various different types of products. I’ve read good things about CarPro, but haven’t run out of my current supply to try them yet. I get a lot of my detailing tips from Pan the Organizer.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Meh, I’ve gotten good results from their products, but I’m also not one to try 20 different shampoos. I’ve used Meguiar’s, Adam’s, Turtle Wax, Sonax, Lucas Oil, CG, and a couple others for various different types of products. I’ve read good things about CarPro, but haven’t run out of my current supply to try them yet. I get a lot of my detailing tips from Pan the Organizer.

Paaaaaan the Organizer!! Good guy, good info on his youtube channel, also like Forensic Detailing, he actually uses gloss meters etc.