GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
How about in front of the garage? I'm trying to reconfigure mine right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gotta say the contour is pretty cool.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Nice idea.

I've spent the past 2 years fixing up my little 18x20 detached as a first time homeowner. It started out pretty junky from the previous owners like this (sans the LED shop lights -- I put those in :D):

An older pic but you get the idea:

As you can see I'm going for the 'clean' approach :D

I don't do any heavy duty wrenching. Just occasional parts installs, standard maintenance stuff, and some light woodworking (mostly of the home improvement variety).

Looking forward to see others' spaces.

What is the square footage of your garage? Length and width? It looks great!

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Nice idea.

I've spent the past 2 years fixing up my little 18x20 detached as a first time homeowner. It started out pretty junky from the previous owners like this (sans the LED shop lights -- I put those in :D)

As you can see I'm going for the 'clean' approach :D

I don't do any heavy duty wrenching. Just occasional parts installs, standard maintenance stuff, and some light woodworking (mostly of the home improvement variety).

Looking forward to see others' spaces.

Impressive transformation!

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Here is where I spend way too much time working on the car (according to the wife). Awesome thread!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
What is the square footage of your garage? Length and width? It looks great!

Thanks! It's only 18 ft wide by 20 ft deep, or 360 sq ft. With my workbenches on the back wall I don't think I could fit a car much longer than the CX-5.

Impressive transformation!

Thanks!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Thanks! It's only 18 ft wide by 20 ft deep, or 360 sq ft. With my workbenches on the back wall I don't think I could fit a car much longer than the CX-5.

Thanks!

Mine will 19.6 wide and 21.6 deep. If you can make your garage look like that with work benches and be able to fit the CX-5 then my worries are long gone!
I want a very similar setup and fit both my GTI and 128i in there which looks like I will!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Mine will 19.6 wide and 21.6 deep. If you can make your garage look like that with work benches and be able to fit the CX-5 then my worries are long gone!
I want a very similar setup and fit both my GTI and 128i in there which looks like I will!

Yeah should be no problem. The key is to put everything on the back wall. But the 128i is small so you should have no problems (love those btw!). There's not much room to actually USE the workbenches with the cars in. I have a little more wiggle room with the GTI because it's shorter so I can open the drawers to the red Craftsman bench. But really anytime I'm doing stuff I pull the cars out.

And yours can look even better! My floor is all busted up, major cracks, so that kind of detracts from it but I'll have to live with it.

Not sure what area of NY your in but if you have cold winters, be sure to put some insulation in before covering up the walls. It's cheap and makes a good difference.

Another key in a small space, at least for me, is to reduce clutter. Fortunately I have a small shed where I can keep lawnmower, yard tools, shovels, etc.

A coat of white paint can go a long way in making a small space feel brighter and larger, too.

Jealous of your new space. Good luck with the build and I'm sure it will turn out great.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I really need to move from Toronto. Homes here the size of your garage are pushing 1 million lol.

We got it for a touch over half that. The house is in the country, but only a 30 minute drive from down town. Best of both IMO. I love Ottawa, but I grew up here, and work for the feds so I'm definitely biased.