GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: MK8 steering wheel GTI (VA/MD/DC)

engine1navy

Passed Driver's Ed
Brand new MK8 steering wheel with physical buttons and GTI insert and airbag. Red GTI insert can be swapped with a plain black or blue Golf R insert (needs to be purchased). Should be a direct swap on a MK7 if your existing steering wheel has the same button layout. I tested it in a MK7.5 Golf R that had the same layout and the buttons all seemed to work. If not, minor coding would be needed to program the buttons. Asking $600. Local meet up in Northern Va until Sunday 2/18. Can be shipped at buyers expense.

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5212.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5210.jpeg
    IMG_5210.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5208.jpeg
    IMG_5208.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5205.jpeg
    IMG_5205.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5207.jpeg
    IMG_5207.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Hm I thought the Mk8s all had heated wheels? Assumed there’d be a button for that. Do you know if it’s capable of that?

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
What's the diameter of the wheel? curious if maybe it's smaller than the MK7 wheel

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Great price for a wheel with buttons and airbag. We're calling it an "Mk8 wheel" on this Mk7 forum but the same steering wheel is common across practically all of the VW lineup, and it can be had with or without heat... thus these buttons. I would assume that you can get an Mk8 Golf outside of NAR without heated wheel. The only thing that makes it a GTI/GTD/R/ID-X/whatever wheel is the trim and badge.

For anyone looking you can replace the buttons if they don't match your existing. If this was a heated wheel (I don't believe it is, see below) yes it could be turned from the infotainment, even without the button.
Not applicable to these buttons but the capacitive buttons can be coded for with/without heat. If coded without there is no backlight for the heated wheel "button" and there is no haptic click if you press that area.

@19birel I'll measure both my wheels (assuming I can find my old one, haha) and let you know. I don't recall thinking the size was any different though.

Looking at the pictures there is no 2 pin connector for wheel heat, so the buttons are correct, snip of OP's picture...
1707950067570.png