GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Could have done the clutch stop and OEM CDV removal for under $20 and gotten over 90% of the same performance.
oops.

Spending 10x more $ for the ECS block and a SS line doesn't mean its going to be that much better.
Thanks for the tip, but equally so who says I care it's $90 more? Or that I think it will be thaaaaat much better?

I'm handy with a wrench, I'm sure I could easily manage it. I like shiny things what can I say.

Last edited:

IBFreeman

Ready to race!

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Gotta love them 'JESUS!" clips :D Lol.

Those are better at flight then turkeys are.

LOL! More like "for fuck's sake!" clip. She bid me farewell with a faint "ting" and that's the last I saw of her. Bitch.

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Could someone just drill a bigger hole in the white/yellow plastic part and insert it back to still have a CDV but with less delay?

WidowsSon13

Could someone just drill a bigger hole in the white/yellow plastic part and insert it back to still have a CDV but with less delay?

Theoretically yes but that would kind of defeat the purpose of the mod....unless you want a change that's barely noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
Theoretically yes but that would kind of defeat the purpose of the mod....unless you want a change that's barely noticeable

Ok. I ask because removing the CDV completely would remove all form of engine/transmission transition smoothing right? Just enlarging the hole in the white/yellow plastic thing and putting it back would be like an in between compromise?

WidowsSon13

Ok. I ask because removing the CDV completely would remove all form of engine/transmission transition smoothing right? Just enlarging the hole in the white/yellow plastic thing and putting it back would be like an in between compromise?

Not necessarily....it's operator control once you remove it. Personally taking it out made driving a lot smoother for me. Plus when you remove it on the stock bleeder you're only getting 85-90% of what's possible. I still notice some lag in shifting (specifically higher gears when I'm doing some spirited driving).

Derf

Ready to race!
Just to add my own point of measure. I learned to drive stick 18 years ago on a Saab 93 turbo, I also had a Mini Cooper manual, moved on to a BMW M3 manual, and now I'm in a GTI manual. I use heel toe downshifting and double clutching and proper hand orientation during shifting (thumb down to prevent money shifts)... I consider myself a fairly accomplished shifter. In normal daily (casual) driving I REALLY don't see the problem with the clutch delay valve. My shifts are fast but smooth. The only time I notice what people are talking about I when I am trying to accelerate very rapidly (aggressively) from a stop and the 1-2 or 2-3 shift could be quicker but is delayed. In those cases I could see where having more precise control over the clutch could benefit.

TL;DR : during casual driving, this is a non-issue. During spirited driving when you are accelerating from a stop it may improve your experience.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I noticed last night that when in first, accelerating a bit and then waiting until the very last second to clutch before stopping, I can here stuff moving/shifting? New sound, can't really remember if I've done the same type of scenario before deleting CDV, but a new sound either way. Cant wait to install revo mount.

WidowsSon13

Just to add my own point of measure. I learned to drive stick 18 years ago on a Saab 93 turbo, I also had a Mini Cooper manual, moved on to a BMW M3 manual, and now I'm in a GTI manual. I use heel toe downshifting and double clutching and proper hand orientation during shifting (thumb down to prevent money shifts)... I consider myself a fairly accomplished shifter. In normal daily (casual) driving I REALLY don't see the problem with the clutch delay valve. My shifts are fast but smooth. The only time I notice what people are talking about I when I am trying to accelerate very rapidly (aggressively) from a stop and the 1-2 or 2-3 shift could be quicker but is delayed. In those cases I could see where having more precise control over the clutch could benefit.

TL;DR : during casual driving, this is a non-issue. During spirited driving when you are accelerating from a stop it may improve your experience.

I disagree....I've had 14 cars only 2 of which were automatics. The clutch feel and response with the CDV is atrocious. From a stop the car would vibrate and shake if I didn't release the clutch to slowly and apply what I felt was too much gas. With the CDV removed I feel like it's a normal stick shift again.

surfstar

Ready to race!
I disagree....I've had 14 cars only 2 of which were automatics. The clutch feel and response with the CDV is atrocious. From a stop the car would vibrate and shake if I didn't release the clutch to slowly and apply what I felt was too much gas. With the CDV removed I feel like it's a normal stick shift again.

I agree.

My issue with my GSW was that the CDV made starting uphill from a stop with a loaded down car, impossible unless you slipped the clutch enough to burn it.
After CDV removal it drives like it should.