GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

forged or cast wheels

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
View attachment 21497

Can’t argue with you ..just showing few pics to get pumped before installing yours [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE!!!

Can I have your brakes?!

only1harry

Ready to race!
Just from my observations over the years with different wheels. My appreciation for OEM wheels are much greater then before after learning about the pretty rigorous testing they have to go through from friends that work in bench marking. Plus most the the OEM suppliers for VW/Audi are pretty well known BBS, Ronal, Borbet, Speedline. They all make good quality aftermarket wheels, but the wheels they make for OEM contracts are too the manufactures spec usually exceeding VIA JWL ISO. I'm not saying OEM wheels are "better" then custom forged 3 piece whatevers lol, but just that the typical OEM wheels is much better then most give them credit for.

+1

When I go with a set of winter wheels/tire combo I always look for someone selling their OEM wheels. If I am looking for race wheels to fit wider tires I usually go with the strongest/best cast wheels that are also lighter, or forged wheels.

OEM wheels also have the right offset and they are good for the suspension as well. Some people get wheels because they look good overlooking the weight and offset which might be way off, and end up having fitment issues or adding unecessary unsprung weight making their cars slower, and also reduce steering response at the same time.

Harry

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)